First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Yes the running boards do make more noise than my last ones. Maybe it is magnified because of how quiet the trucks are?
i can say i have noticed noise from the running boards, the truck is very quite
Sponsored

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Going to Vegas next week so we will see how this thing gets mileage wise. Can’t wait for a long drive. Anyone want to meet up😂

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
If I weren't going on a cruise I would have. Vegas is a pretty nice place to get out of the snow.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Between my 2017 and my wife's 2020 explorer ST, we have a lot of the features of these new trucks. It will be interesting to see how well Ford has put it all together and any improvements.

Outside of the Powerboost, Sync 4 and Bluecruise, I think we have everything else in some form.

The one thing I am looking forward to is the dash button to release the tailgate. I will use it every weekend when I haul off the trash.

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
Going to Vegas next week so we will see how this thing gets mileage wise. Can’t wait for a long drive. Anyone want to meet up😂
If I were not already scheduled to be in Missouri......

Sponsored

GrampsBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB 2021 Explorer S/T 2018 F150
Occupation
Business Owner
AHA. Here you all are. LOL

GrampsBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes the running boards do make more noise than my last ones. Maybe it is magnified because of how quiet the trucks are?
Had the power running boards on my F 350. Very quiet. Did not work in the winter snow. They would get stuck down most of the time. I think the new version is louder but must have a more powerful motor. They did not stick yet. Tomorrow we go into Snowmageddon. Latest forecast is 18 to 24 inches. Let's see how the running boards work after this storm.

CoolDuDe919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost On Order
Had the power running boards on my F 350. Very quiet. Did not work in the winter snow. They would get stuck down most of the time. I think the new version is louder but must have a more powerful motor. They did not stick yet. Tomorrow we go into Snowmageddon. Latest forecast is 18 to 24 inches. Let's see how the running boards work after this storm.
FWIW the units on my 2022 f150 are a lot louder than the ones on our 2018 expedition, so maybe the motor is more powerful!

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
FWIW the units on my 2022 f150 are a lot louder than the ones on our 2018 expedition, so maybe the motor is more powerful!
Well they definitely push me away if I am standing to close😊

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
Send that what crap north of us. I'm sick of all this already. Murphys law - my new truck replaced my old one that was my plow truck. I stopped plowing and figured I could be by with a blower. Yeah right. I refuse to put a plow on this one.

Sponsored

GrampsBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I waited 5 months for my VIN but once received along with my production date the production date did not change. So I did not have the added stress of a production date getting moved back several times, just the dreaded chip hold.
I have to say the truck is really different from all the other F150's I have owned. The brain this thing has just blows my mind. Mine is only at 3.5.2 but the changes made from what I had at delivery is like a new truck. Dash display is slightly different when using blue cruise and the alerts I get are changed and thankfully less often.
Yesterday I took an hour drive to visit a relative. I used bluecruise as much as possible to test out some others complaints. The only time it dropped out was when I changed lanes. I liked that it did that. I bought the truck to drive it not be a passenger behind a wheel. Mine does not seem to bounce side to side in the lane. It does hug slightly to the right but that just gives me reason to tug enough on the wheel so the truck knows I'm there.
Some have complained when they wear sunglasses big brother can't see their eyes and they get the nasty message to keep eyes on the road. It was slightly overcast but I purposely wore my sunglasses to test it. No issues for me. Maybe its the type of sunglasses worn.
The update changed my dash view when using navigation. Tach and speedo shrink to allow turns to appear dead center where they are easy to see. This works when I used trucks navigation or maps on carplay. Did not work with Waze but I am ok with that. Still no full screen carplay but I am okay waiting.
Tow mirrors are awesome for visibility but the passenger side mirror sucks after dark. No tint on it so those headlights, especially LED lights are great to blind a guy, and forget it if someone has the LED fog lights on too. I had to have my wife block the mirror as I could not see a thing in front of me with that mirror reflecting light brighter than 7 times the sun at high noon. It's great having LED lights when you are behind the wheel but it sucks for others around you. I'll be making the call to get that mirror filmed this week.
I gotta say like everyone else it really was worth the wait.
That's all for this long post, except that yes I do miss the banter about waiting for our trucks, but it has been replaced by driving them.
Love the Blue Cruise. I did not use it much on the way down to Florida. My son convinced me to try it on the way home. 16 hours on Blue Cruise. Was interesting. I agree the hugging tight to right side is real. Almost side swiped an 18 wheeler while passing. Had to grab the wheel and give it a tug to the left. BC also has issues seeing driver eyes in the dark. It would shut off and say unable to see driver's eyes or something like that. I had to turn the dome light on, it would work again. Little bugs I am sure will get worked out over time. These trucks are awesome on long rides.

GrampsBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Agree. They are much louder than my 21 Expedition.

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
Running boards are no louder than the 2019 Escalade which traded in and make a very similar mechanical noise. As long as they don’t break, I can live with the noise.

Also, we had no problems with them working in the ice storm we had a couple of weeks ago. Now, the fixed running boards on the Raptor iced over really bad which made it really interesting getting in and out of that truck

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Running boards are no louder than the 2019 Escalade which traded in and make a very similar mechanical noise. As long as they don’t break, I can live with the noise.

Also, we had no problems with them working in the ice storm we had a couple of weeks ago. Now, the fixed running boards on the Raptor iced over really bad which made it really interesting getting in and out of that truck
So I have never been in a Ice storm. I can tell you that doesn’t sound pleasant. Been in white outs but can’t imagine a ice storm.

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I am in the middle of a cross country road trip. drove across I40 during some wicked storms and actually needed to use 4A in Flagstaff around town. the boards didnt seem to be phased by the ice/snow. but I did turn off the auto fold on the mirrors as a precaution.

one thing I have learned is I must get the windows tinted ASAP upon return.
Sponsored