Am I missing a rear suspension block?

raven_craft

First Name
aaron scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
I recently purchased a 2021 XLT from the Ford dealership used. I noticed the rear was a little bumpy. I went ahead and replaced the rear shocks with bellstein 5100s. But upon looking at the rear leaf springs, I noticed that I don't have the block that goes under the leaf springs but above the rear axle.

Was wondering if anyone knows if that's common on a 2021?

Ford F-150 Am I missing a rear suspension block? 20230331_112712
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
If 2WD it will not have a spacer block as OE on any year Gen 14.

OP
OP

raven_craft

First Name
aaron scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
If 2WD it will not have a spacer block as OE on any year Gen 14.
Awesome that's exactly what I wanted to hear, so does that mean that four-wheel drive versions are technically higher than the two wheel drive versions?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
does that mean that four-wheel drive versions are technically higher than the two wheel drive versions?
It means that the chassis / body is actually higher above the axle by the thickness of the spacer block (there are several different thicknesses specified for different 4WD applications).

That does not mean there's any greater suspension travel in compression, the 4WD with spacer block also have a longer bump-stop on the frame, resulting in the ~same static gap between the top of the axle and the bump-stop. Tremor / Raptor may be an exception to that, I'm not sure about those.
Sponsored