How to stop double honk w/o FORScan

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I figured out an easy way to stop double honk when exiting the truck without resorting to turning it off in FORScan.
  1. Roll down the driver window,
  2. Exit the truck with the fob in the seat,
  3. Reach in and get the fob & hit auto up for the window.
The horn will not honk with the window closes!

Easy enough as a temporary bypass when setting up in a campsite - during fair weather that is.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I figured out an easy way to stop double honk when exiting the truck without resorting to turning it off in FORScan.
  1. Roll down the driver window,
  2. Exit the truck with the fob in the seat,
  3. Reach in and get the fob & hit auto up for the window.
The horn will not honk with the window closes!

Easy enough as a temporary bypass when setting up in a campsite - during fair weather that is.
You can also hold the transponder against the passenger window while shutting the driver’s door. That will also prevent the double honk, if you can remember to do it.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can also hold the transponder against the passenger window while shutting the driver’s door. That will also prevent the double honk, if you can remember to do it.
Sounds like my new rainy day plan.

I leave the fob in the truck while setting up at a campsite. Then, when done and ready to go into Generator Mode, I will use one of these two techniques to lock up for the night.

I also saw someone mention putting the fob into an RFID pouch to prevent the truck from sensing the fob while in the trailer.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Sounds like my new rainy day plan.

I leave the fob in the truck while setting up at a campsite. Then, when done and ready to go into Generator Mode, I will use one of these two techniques to lock up for the night.

I also saw someone mention putting the fob into an RFID pouch to prevent the truck from sensing the fob while in the trailer.
I did something similar but still managed to trip the double honk at least once a day. So, I eventually just FORscanned it. Glad I did. Well worth the effort.

I’m interested in your experience with running the generator in a campsite overnight. Have you had any problems during quiet hours? I was concerned so I always (and reluctantly) shut down the generator before locking up for the night.

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 2x4 5.0 on order
Occupation
Truck driver
Or,,, get out of the truck, use the key fob to lock the doors, put the key fob in your pocket and walk away

Sponsored

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Or,,, get out of the truck, use the key fob to lock the doors, put the key fob in your pocket and walk away
But you will get the double honk when you shut the door if the truck is running.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did something similar but still managed to trip the double honk at least once a day. So, I eventually just FORscanned it. Glad I did. Well worth the effort.

I’m interested in your experience with running the generator in a campsite overnight. Have you had any problems during quiet hours? I was concerned so I always (and reluctantly) shut down the generator before locking up for the night.
I have only used it while overnighting at a Cracker Barrel once when my campsite reservation was cancelled. It seemed quiet enough - I was not as loud as the generators in the class As that were also there.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Don I remember there were 2 workarounds that I had tested but it was last spring and I'm trying to remember.

One is don't fully close the driver door, i.e. just gently close it to the first position not all the way. This obviously isn't ideal especially if raining but I remember it working.

Second one was some combination using the workaround of the double honk only happening based on driver door not rear door. I think someone had said toss the fob into the back seat, get out, open rear door, close driver door, grab fob and hit lock, close rear door. Something like that. Maybe you could even have it in pocket as long as the rear door is the final door closed. I don't remember!

It definitely should be configurable once they added the generator feature, like "disable double honk if propower in use" if they still want it forced during other situations. But they didn't, so the internet is littered with complaints, workarounds, and forscan solutions.
Sponsored