First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
I truly love my truck and try to find an excuse to drive it as often as possible; however, the most annoying thing ever is that double-honk that is completely too loud when I shut the door to step out for a second. I'm honestly never prepared for it. o_O Is there any way to disable this without Forscan? You think the dealer would do that?
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yes the below is forscan from livingitups spreadsheet in the forscan thread

Double Horn Honk disableBCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--disables double honk when exiting running vehicle

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I truly love my truck and try to find an excuse to drive it as often as possible; however, the most annoying thing ever is that double-honk that is completely too loud when I shut the door to step out for a second. I'm honestly never prepared for it. o_O Is there any way to disable this without Forscan? You think the dealer would do that?
I've not heard/seen a way to do this WITHOUT Forscan.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
The flashing tool does the same changes forscan makes. If you don't want to deal with forscan it's an easy plug-n-play solution.

But using forscan and making the changes is easy. I would go that route and buy a cable rather than a one time use device.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Forscan is a good tool for many things. The Double Horn Honk was the first thing I did... absolutely hate it. Go and get the mail and every time the stupid horn honked I would close the door.
OBD connector is cheap and Forscan has a 2 month free trial.
Another option would be to put an ad on Craigslist and ask someone to do it that is well versed in Forscan.
Or look for local F150 groups on FB. There is even a regional forum you could ask about on this site.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
The workaround is to leave the fob in the truck. :)
You can also hold the fob against the passenger window while you shut the driver’s door If you aren’t comfortable leaving it in a running truck.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
You can also hold the fob against the passenger window while you shut the driver’s door If you aren’t comfortable leaving it in a running truck.
Interesting!

I just leave it running. I normally only do this in my driveway. It's my way of giving everyone a wake-up call (DOUBLE HONK)

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
you need forscan. I see your from USA with a king Ranch, you will be amazed at your headlights if you use forscan to turn on glare free :)

and once you turn off the double beep, you will still hear the mild ring from the radio when you close the door and have fob in your pocket, so the protection is still there.

OP
OP
C_Harris

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
The workaround is to leave the fob in the truck. :)
You know, you make a great point that this simple mind didn't even think of. Usually, if I leave my truck on a) I'm just stepping out to grab the mail or something where I can still see the truck or b) my wife or kids are in there still while I step out to get the mail or can still see my truck. HAHA! I haven't figured out a way to lock it while it is running. Perhaps the door code for that? Never tried it.

OP
OP
C_Harris

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
you need forscan. I see your from USA with a king Ranch, you will be amazed at your headlights if you use forscan to turn on glare free :)

and once you turn off the double beep, you will still hear the mild ring from the radio when you close the door and have fob in your pocket, so the protection is still there.
I've seen the forum discussion on this and certainly intrigued by the capability of glare free! I absolutely hate the auto bright lights as they either want to flash on and off between street lamps, or inadvertently blind a poor soul in the other lane because it didn't sense the other car right away. Maybe this Christmas my wish from Santa will be an OBD II connector and Forscan!

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This was the 1st thing that came to mind when i saw this post haha