First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So yes, my 2022 front hubs are permanently locked, so to speak, and my front axles are always spinning.
Wow! I'd never heard of or seen a wheel lock like that (family never had a truck). So my '21 KR has the IWE and your '22 KR doesn't? That's such a random functional thing to drop in a model year (that isn't cosmetic).

Us early job1's may have gotten the shaft in some areas but at least we got our IWE and our temperature display climate knobs! :ROFLMAO:

Side question: does your '22 still display the cluster popup when changing from 4wd to 2wd?
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Wow! I'd never heard of or seen a wheel lock like that (family never had a truck). So my '21 KR has the IWE and your '22 KR doesn't? That's such a random functional thing to drop in a model year (that isn't cosmetic).

Us early job1's may have gotten the shaft in some areas but at least we got our IWE and our temperature display climate knobs! :ROFLMAO:

Side question: does your '22 still display the cluster popup when changing from 4wd to 2wd?
yes and a little thing off to the left to indicate 4A or 4 H or 4L

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
That's such a random functional thing to drop in a model year (that isn't cosmetic).
Yea it was probably a casualty of the ongoing logistics issues. Microchips aren’t the only things in short supply, just the most infamous

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Honestly, I am happy with the peace of mind of no IWE!

Although I must admit that I was saying the same thing to myself when I discovered that I had the new E-IWE on my 2021. 🤣

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Honestly, I am happy with the peace of mind of no IWE!

Although I must admit that I was saying the same thing to myself when I discovered that I had the new E-IWE on my 2021. 🤣
Same. I’m perfectly satisfied with the 23-24mpg my 2.7 manages on the highway even with the lack of IWEs, I almost always am in 4A anyway (which is what Ford seems to have intended), and now I don’t have to worry about the IWE failing someday.

WMJ

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lariat
In no way do I mean this as disparaging of anyone, but here on this very forum there are considerable numbers of consumers that have purchased a Gen14 F150 and are completely unaware of the many features and options of the truck.
Consider the percentage that will never "lock out" a gear ratio or two? Or even know the button is there for you to.
There's been a few that didn't know they could switch Driver Select Mode.

So yea, it's not likely that most are curious about the various transfer cases that Borg Warner makes available to the Ford F150 assembly line.
Do you know how many people are amazed when I tell them that I read the 700+ page manual from cover to cover? Although I do believe if they didn’t let the attorneys get involved it would be around 100 pages.
Sponsored