4A vs 4H

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Is 4a really not notable at all on dry pavement? My XLT doesn't have it but past Chevys with it were slightly noticeable. Ot bad, but it felt just a tad off on dry.
Ever so slightly noticeable. There’s no jumping or anything around turns, no matter how sharp. Just people in tune with their vehicle can feel a bit of vibration from the front end being engaged under power
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
That 4A is the only reason I should have looked at a Lariat instead of a XLT. This is a nice feature to have.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
That 4A is the only reason I should have looked at a Lariat instead of a XLT. This is a nice feature to have.
I agree, but it's a big price jump for something you can add for $1k yourself in an afternoon.

I've built both XLT and Lariat to similar trims and there's a solid $4,500 difference that just can't be justified. I don't like the all-digital cluster in the upper models. More important than the 4a to me is the cooled seats. There's just not a better creature comfort than air blowing through the seat.

I thought for-sure I'd be adding leather to the truck, but I've become fond of the rugged fabric used in it. That probably surprised me the most is that I've come to like the 'cloth'. That and the fact the rear seat has been used two times. It stays folded up as I enjoy the closet / tool storage space.

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I've built both XLT and Lariat to similar trims and there's a solid $4,500 difference that just can't be justified.
I really wish I would have saved my builds because I swear when I was going between 3 builds (301A HDPP, 302A, 500A, all 157 4x4 EB) It came down to about $2k between the 302A and 500A. This was ordered with January 22 pricing. I want to say that part of this was that the option price for the EB went down to like $600 when on a 4X4 Lariat. There might just be some combos where it's closer.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I agree, but it's a big price jump for something you can add for $1k yourself in an afternoon.

I've built both XLT and Lariat to similar trims and there's a solid $4,500 difference that just can't be justified. I don't like the all-digital cluster in the upper models. More important than the 4a to me is the cooled seats. There's just not a better creature comfort than air blowing through the seat.

I thought for-sure I'd be adding leather to the truck, but I've become fond of the rugged fabric used in it. That probably surprised me the most is that I've come to like the 'cloth'. That and the fact the rear seat has been used two times. It stays folded up as I enjoy the closet / tool storage space.
How is 4A added?

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I love 4A. The main (not only, but main) reason I chose Lariat over XLT. Plenty of rain and it's on a lot of the time. Keeping 4H for off-road and snow. Ford is very clever marketing it only to Tremor+ (before it was Lariat+, but honestly, Tremor with 4A costs more than Lariat).
Sponsored