How’s your moonroof holding up ?

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
My 2018 roof had creaks and had to be replaced under warranty. Seems like the 21+ seem more solid but I still(2022) get little thumps here and there when going over speed bumps or driveways. Anyone still greasing them ? Any advice
Sponsored

Last edited:

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
Mine is perfect. '21 leftover XLT Powerboost purchased 3/2022. I cleaned and greased it with krytox probably 10 or 12 months in just for the hell of it. Followed a youtube tutorial.

Just The shade was sqealing a bit while closing towards the end of this summer when it wasn't used for awhile but that went away once I worked it back and fourth a few times. I feel like a top likely cause of trouble besides clogged drains is going to be seals and mechanisms sticking and pulling at eachother from lack of use and/or lack of lube. Especially in hot climates constant 100 degree weather is probably going to do weird things to those seals if they stay still butted up against each other and never get exercised. Then the mechanism strains more to pull them apart when you finally get around to opening it.

I use mine every chance I get and I think this has helped me. If the weather is warm and dry my moonroof is open. That's why I insisted on finding a truck with one.

It's Kind of like how the household water valves you have more trouble with tend to be the ones that never get turned for years.

Last edited:

JBrochacho

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Full-time student, Army vet
Mine is working perfectly. But I do have the cat-piss smell going on after a rain and subsequent warm spell.

krazyankee321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
Mine is perfect. '21 leftover XLT Powerboost purchased 3/2022. I cleaned and greased it with krytox probably 10 or 12 months in just for the hell of it. Followed a youtube tutorial.

Just The shade was sqealing a bit while closing towards the end of this summer when it wasn't used for awhile but that went away once I worked it back and fourth a few times. I feel like a top likely cause of trouble besides clogged drains is going to be seals and mechanisms sticking and pulling at eachother from lack of use and/or lack of lube. Especially in hot climates constant 100 degree weather is probably going to do weird things to those seals if they stay still butted up against each other and never get exercised. Then the mechanism strains more to pull them apart when you finally get around to opening it.

I use mine every chance I get and I think this has helped me. If the weather is warm and dry my moonroof is open. That's why I insisted on finding a truck with one.

It's Kind of like how the household water valves you have more trouble with tend to be the ones that never get turned for years.
Can you post the link you used for regressing? I’m noticing mine rattle a little.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Rattling mess of a thing. I regret ordering my truck with the pano roof.

Sponsored

OP
OP
9663mu

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Rattling mess of a thing. I regret ordering my truck with the pano roof.
Are you rattling or is it creaking ? Cause I have noticed there is sometimes the sound of the rubber weatherstrip and then there could also be a thunk which Is more of a potential problem.

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Had a water leak (rained over night) near tweeter and center overhead console while driving. Nothing after that incident, knock on wood.

McStabby

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Construction Laborer
I agree totally. Mine's a '21 and still quiet and weather tight, but then again, I use it regularly. I use the shade through the winter just to adjust the light in the cab.

ajnov073

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 3.5 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
No issues with mine. Opens and closes fine.

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
40k on my 22 and roof is good. But I use it whenever possible. I also park in my garage so tracks and drains are clean.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
No problem after almost three years.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
After two years, the pano roof is quiet and weather tight. I'll look to do some preventative cleaning and lubricating on the moonroof in the spring.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
26k miles and no issues with my pano roof.. I rarely open the glass.. In the winter time I do keep the shade fully open and it makes the cabin airy..

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
Can you post the link you used for regressing? I’m noticing mine rattle a little.
Attached is the procedure. Grease can be found on Amazon, Krytox GPL 205
Sponsored

Attachments