Yawyeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 GMC Sierra 1500->2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Systems Integrator
Has anyone seen this issue yet?
It has only happened in a very specific situation but my 2022 F-150 (FX4, PB) has locked the parking brake for no reason 3 times now. Every time it has happened I have been driving down a hill with my tires at or very close to full lock to the right. When the parking brake comes on the back tires skid to a stop. I worry it is an electrical issue, it could be a wire grounding somewhere. I will try to recreate the issue but I have only had the truck a few weeks and worry if it happened at higher speeds (its usually been about 10 mph so far). Dealer has not been any help yet
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone seen this issue yet?
It has only happened in a very specific situation but my 2022 F-150 (FX4, PB) has locked the parking brake for no reason 3 times now. Every time it has happened I have been driving down a hill with my tires at or very close to full lock to the right. When the parking brake comes on the back tires skid to a stop. I worry it is an electrical issue, it could be a wire grounding somewhere. I will try to recreate the issue but I have only had the truck a few weeks and worry if it happened at higher speeds (its usually been about 10 mph so far). Dealer has not been any help yet
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid SuperCrew 6.5box
Some F-150s have been having Gear Shift Module issues. Do you ever get an error message on the dash “Transmission not in Park”?

OP
OP
Yawyeet

Yawyeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 GMC Sierra 1500->2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Systems Integrator
Update: Local Ford Dealership had my truck for about 3 days. They said they checked all of my electrical connections and recalibrated all of the cameras and sensors... I wouldn't expect that to fix it but have not been able to replicate the issue again (its been about a week). I am so far satisfied with how quick they have been to help with this issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Update: Local Ford Dealership had my truck for about 3 days. They said they checked all of my electrical connections and recalibrated all of the cameras and sensors... I wouldn't expect that to fix it but have not been able to replicate the issue again (its been about a week). I am so far satisfied with how quick they have been to help with this issue.
Happy to hear that you have had a great experience with your local dealer in helping to resolve the issue. Thanks for being apart of the Ford family.
Sponsored