First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
Hey it’s under settings and ambient light. There is a slider bar to lower it.

also there are physical buttons next to the headlight controls
Thanks
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Good stuff guys!

On the recirculating air, I have not even noticed anything about that. I will have to check it out but has not caused me any issues so mute issue for me I guess.

One thing I have noticed, I would hear this chime while driving. I saw no alerts or warning lights so just ignored it for awhile. It would happen here and there and I had no clue what it was.

Finally I figured out it was a school zone notification. Every time I drive near a school zone, I would get this one note chime. Guess it is part of the Nav or speed sign that is on our speedometer.

It's not a big deal but I would like to turn it off, guess I need to dig out the digital manual and hunt it up. Much rather have a paper manual, tried looking through the settings but no luck.

If anybody figures this one out pls let me know. (y)
Yes on the paper manual. I don't feel like sitting in the truck like a dork sorting through it. I'd rather have it next to the recliner for the first couple of weeks.....

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Be careful of mis-information. Only 502a Lariat and up do.
302A and up have LED headlights. The 502A and up have the LED projectors.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Good stuff guys!

On the recirculating air, I have not even noticed anything about that. I will have to check it out but has not caused me any issues so mute issue for me I guess.

One thing I have noticed, I would hear this chime while driving. I saw no alerts or warning lights so just ignored it for awhile. It would happen here and there and I had no clue what it was.

Finally I figured out it was a school zone notification. Every time I drive near a school zone, I would get this one note chime. Guess it is part of the Nav or speed sign that is on our speedometer.

It's not a big deal but I would like to turn it off, guess I need to dig out the digital manual and hunt it up. Much rather have a paper manual, tried looking through the settings but no luck.

If anybody figures this one out pls let me know. (y)
Bob if you go into the NAV settings you can set the notifications for that. There is a list of things you can have identified on your NAV screen.

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Yes on the paper manual. I don't feel like sitting in the truck like a dork sorting through it. I'd rather have it next to the recliner for the first couple of weeks.....
I think this should help, @Jus Crusin -

You may not have been on the Forum but, back in November, Forum Contributor Extraordinaire @currybob shared with us the on-line location of the Ford F-150 Owner’s Manual. It’s a link to a .pdf file that you can download and print out for your fireside leisure reading. (Thank you again, Bob!)

Note: The file is 700+ pages, so be sure that you have enough ink cartridges! ?

Link: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_09_2020.pdf

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
In another thread, someone mentioned that during their truck 'breaking in' process, they manually shift through all the gears to try and make sure they all get some revs early on. I drive in Normal mode most of the time and noticed that my truck almost never touches second gear (and I don't have a heavy foot). Lately, to get the truck to cycle through all the gears, I've been driving in sport mode. The revs go a little higher and gas mileage sucks but I feel like it's helping with the break-in.

As mentioned, there are a lot of smarter guys on here than me so if this is off-base and not helping at all, I'd love to know!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob if you go into the NAV settings you can set the notifications for that. There is a list of things you can have identified on your NAV screen.
I looked all through that thing, the only thing close I could find was under notifications and then road safety. I turned that off to see if that was it. I even did a search of school zone and nothing came up.

If you can post a screen shot of it I would appreciate it. (y)

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance

RodneyP

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 FX4
Occupation
Fleet manager of over 120 F-150's
In another thread, someone mentioned that during their truck 'breaking in' process, they manually shift through all the gears to try and make sure they all get some revs early on. I drive in Normal mode most of the time and noticed that my truck almost never touches second gear (and I don't have a heavy foot). Lately, to get the truck to cycle through all the gears, I've been driving in sport mode. The revs go a little higher and gas mileage sucks but I feel like it's helping with the break-in.

As mentioned, there are a lot of smarter guys on here than me so if this is off-base and not helping at all, I'd love to know!
Following....I'd like to know too. Thanks.

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I looked all through that thing, the only thing close I could find was under notifications and then road safety. I turned that off to see if that was it. I even did a search of school zone and nothing came up.

If you can post a screen shot of it I would appreciate it. (y)
Bob I will see what I can do tonight.

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
I just figured out tonight that you can turn off the Auto-High Beams, it’s in the settings under Lights. I don’t know why it’s default setting is on, unless someone else turned on the setting during transit.
Mine came with it set up that way too, don't care for it, I'll need to go through the settings.

JeffBea

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 E-250, 2020 Explorer, 2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Plumber
Why does the Instrument display always default back to a list with My View and other options? Is there a way to make it stay on the last selection I was using after restarts? I like keeping it on the Lane Centering view.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob I will see what I can do tonight.
I think that worked, I drove by a school close to me on our way to eat and no chime.

Thanks!

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I think that worked, I drove by a school close to me on our way to eat and no chime.

Thanks!
Great I was getting ready to post the route to it. It is under 1. More settings, 2 alert preferences, 3 road safety. Turn that off and it won't happen.
Sponsored