High Engine Temp/Vibrating Cooling Fan

LongWait2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 F150 Lariat SCREW 4x4
Occupation
Geologist
I've noticed my engine temp creeps up to 245ish when towing a relatively light trailer (~3000lbs) up any type of grade. In the process the cooling fan is kicked into some kind of super high mode and vibrates like crazy. Enough to get worried looks from the wife and kids. When coming to a stop, the engine will kick off when in electric mode but the fan still operates in some kind of high mode and vibrates. Temp does go down when things flatten out or I go downhill. No codes tripped or anything. Is this normal in anyone's experience?
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I have no experience towing with my PB yet, but in Tow/Haul mode my ICE is always running. Zero electric only operation and normal fan whirring.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've noticed my engine temp creeps up to 245ish when towing a relatively light trailer (~3000lbs) up any type of grade. In the process the cooling fan is kicked into some kind of super high mode and vibrates like crazy. Enough to get worried looks from the wife and kids. When coming to a stop, the engine will kick off when in electric mode but the fan still operates in some kind of high mode and vibrates. Temp does go down when things flatten out or I go downhill. No codes tripped or anything. Is this normal in anyone's experience?
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Why don't ya install an OTA cooling fan for em :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored