First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Do you guys know the exact part number that I need for the clockspring for my truck. It’s a 2023 raptor I think it already has a heated steering wheel. I just need the clock spring I already have the new temperature controls with the heated steering wheel button. I’m just missing the clock spring. I have seen some people post that you need the one with the wiper stick and some that I don’t so I’m not sure what’s the exact part I need or part number I need. Thank you
ML3Z-3F791-BB should work, but looks like there might be a newer one below. Not sure on the full part number since ford parts doesn't give it to you but this should be what you need. Just match the price up mainly.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 1674532004441
Sponsored

Chavez17m

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 raptor
Occupation
Contractor
ML3Z-3F791-BB should work, but looks like there might be a newer one below. Not sure on the full part number since ford parts doesn't give it to you but this should be what you need. Just match the price up mainly.

1674532004441.png
Okay cool I’ll look into that part. I’ll ask my dealership see if they can find it. Thank you so much for your help.

Sponsored

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
There’s a ton of info here, I have a 22 xlt 302a and just purchased a 22 raptor wheel. Anyone know what I’ll need? I’m ok with the screen button, don’t need a hard button.

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
There’s a ton of info here, I have a 22 xlt 302a and just purchased a 22 raptor wheel. Anyone know what I’ll need? I’m ok with the screen button, don’t need a hard button.
Just curious, is the Raptor wheel the only wheel that will work with this heated steering wheel retrofit mod? Is that why you purchased the Raptor wheel, not a Lariat wheel for example?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Just curious, is the Raptor wheel the only wheel that will work with this heated steering wheel retrofit mod? Is that why you purchased the Raptor wheel, not a Lariat wheel for example?
No, any heated wheel will work, you just have to make sure that you get a wheel with or without adaptive steering depending on what your truck has. The SCCM also needs to have or not have adaptive steering depending on truck options

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, any heated wheel will work, you just have to make sure that you get a wheel with or without adaptive steering depending on what your truck has. The SCCM also needs to have or not have adaptive steering depending on truck options
Thanks for the info. I ordered the 2023 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost, and I know the heated steering wheel has been removed, so I'm also looking into a way if I can retrofit myself. Do you know if my Lariat PowerBoost will come with a proper wheel and the SCCM? Or do I have to purchase those separately?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Thanks for the info. I ordered the 2023 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost, and I know the heated steering wheel has been removed, so I'm also looking into a way if I can retrofit myself. Do you know if my Lariat PowerBoost will come with a proper wheel and the SCCM? Or do I have to purchase those separately?
You won’t know until you dig into it. It looks like many lariats and platinums are coming with the correct steering wheel (already have a heated wheel), but the SCCM doesn’t have the pins for the heated wheel. I don’t recall if the wiring was there or not, but that’s the cheapest part of it all. And then the HVAC module you’ll get likely won’t have the hard button either, which isn’t required, but I prefer it.

Sponsored

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You won’t know until you dig into it. It looks like many lariats and platinums are coming with the correct steering wheel (already have a heated wheel), but the SCCM doesn’t have the pins for the heated wheel. I don’t recall if the wiring was there or not, but that’s the cheapest part of it all. And then the HVAC module you’ll get likely won’t have the hard button either, which isn’t required, but I prefer it.
I see. So in the best scenario case, my truck will come with the correct heated steering wheel, but the SCCM with missing pins, and I just need to replace the SCCM with the correct pins, then I just need to wire them up. And if I'm okay without the hard button, then I just need to update the software. Does this sound about right to you?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I see. So in the best scenario case, my truck will come with the correct heated steering wheel, but the SCCM with missing pins, and I just need to replace the SCCM with the correct pins, then I just need to wire them up. And if I'm okay without the hard button, then I just need to update the software. Does this sound about right to you?
Best case scenario you’ll have even less deletes, or none at all, apparently there’s a few fringe cases of people having all the hardware even with a listed delete.

Yes you’ll need a new SCCM, and you’ll have to put your as-builts in for the SCCM for it to work properly, and then you’ll have to change your as-builts to reflect that of a truck with a heated steering wheel (both of those steps are required). Then the WPT-404 connector, wiring, and wire terminals to wire it up, OR you could reach out to @JScaro who has a few harnesses already built. You have to pin one wire into the BCM and one to ground.

There’s no software updates required, but for the sake of simplicity, you could call it that I suppose.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Does anyone know if I can just write the asbilt data from the XL hvac unit to the digital read out hvac unit and have it function properly? I’m not having any luck finding that answer

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Does anyone know if I can just write the asbilt data from the XL hvac unit to the digital read out hvac unit and have it function properly? I’m not having any luck finding that answer
I don’t know that anyone besides maybe one person knows for sure, because I think at that point you’re going from manual to automatic HVAC.

@Jesse-Infotainment I know you stay busy, but do you have any info?

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
Best case scenario you’ll have even less deletes, or none at all, apparently there’s a few fringe cases of people having all the hardware even with a listed delete.
Interesting where have you seen that… my 23 raptor is coming home later this week and that would be a amazing surprise I assume I am just getting the wheel + harnesses
Sponsored