First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
I'm at wits end. Whoever can solve my problem I'll send you $20 on Venmo or cash app as a thank you. I’m pretty experienced with Forscan and have never had an issue getting anything to work before.

Truck: 2021 F150 SCREW Lariat 500A. Max Tow Package & 360 Cameras

Installed:

-WPT-404-Wire Assembly

-W721079-S437 Steering Wheel Bolt

-ML3Z-3F791-BB Steering Column Tube. This includes the new clock spring. Is this my issue?

-ML3Z-3600-RA Steering Wheel

Notes:

-Properly grounded WPT-404 and tapped into fuse 29. I know it has power because fuse 29 turns on the screen. When I remove the tap and fuse, the screen doesn't turn on telling me the new wheel has power.

-All connectors have a female home and those female sides have pins. They aren’t dummy female connectors.

-Saved the stock SCCM, IPC, APIM and HVAC modules on Forscan before proceeding. I have other mods added way before I installed the HSW like the Unreal UI, Global windows, etc…

-Did not load any saved profiles to allow forscan to search for each module

-I don’t have functionality of the left buttons on my steering wheel. In past posts that has been because users didn’t write the stock SCCM module onto the new parts. I have added the stock SCCM module many times and it doesn’t fix the problem.

Attachments are photos of the stock and modified modules.

The spreadsheet shows the changes made between the stock vs modified modules. If you see Os instead of 0s, it’s because excel doesn’t like 0s in front of numbers or letters. You can confirm the codes are correct with the screenshots.

Let me know what you guys find out and I’ll gladly pay the person who can tell me why this doesn’t work.

APIM Mod HSW.png

APIM Original.png

HVAC Mod HSW.png

HVAC Original.png

IPC Mod HSW.png

IPC Original.png

SCCM Mod HSW.png

SCCM Original.png
In forscan, on your SCCM, perform a write all. It will tell you nothing has changed and ask if you want to force. Press yes. Had to do this myself yesterday to clear a button mismatch code.
Sponsored

Sub-Moa

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Project Manager
In forscan, on your SCCM, perform a write all. It will tell you nothing has changed and ask if you want to force. Press yes. Had to do this myself yesterday to clear a button mismatch code.
Write all with the original SCCM codes? I think I did that because I loaded the SCCM codes with the HSW changes first and realized I needed to first write with the original. So after writing the modified SCCM modules, I wrote all with the original then wrote the SCCM modules again with the HSW changes.
I’ll try again since it won’t hurt.

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
Write all with the original SCCM codes? I think I did that because I loaded the SCCM codes with the HSW changes first and realized I needed to first write with the original. So after writing the modified SCCM modules, I wrote all with the original then wrote the SCCM modules again with the HSW changes.
I’ll try again since it won’t hurt.
Yes, I had to write the original twice to get the DTCs to clear.

Sub-Moa

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Yes, I had to write the original twice to get the DTCs to clear.
I tried writing all with the original SCCM codes 3 times in a row with no change in result. I verified my stock SCCM numbers on motor crafts website in case something happened to my original file. The codes are correct. I took a multimeter to the WPT-404 connector and found it didn't have power. I put the fuse tap in Fuse #1 and now I have power to the WPT-404 connector. I then loaded the original SCCM codes multiple times like Micho523 suggested. The left side buttons still don't work and I don't have heat to the steering wheel. I checked for power to the HSW connector that connects to the actual steering wheel and I read no voltage. I'm assuming it's because the issue is with the SCCM.

I have heat to the steering wheel now but the left side of the steering wheel doesn’t work. Just kept messing with forscan with no real change. Was putting the truck back in the garage defeated when I felt the heat.

Any idea why I have heat now but the SCCM doesn’t want to let the left side of the steering wheel to work?

Last edited:

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
For those of you that made the change to add the SuperDuty 7D0-03-02 screen option by chance did you know if you lost the F150 onscreen owners manual?

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
i got my heated steering wheel in the mail recently finally..
can somebody PLEASE tell me what else i need for my 501A?? reading this entire thread is such a headache 🤕

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
When did the heated wheel and SCCM become reasonably priced? Just ordered them so I do not miss out again!

Last edited:

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
When did the heated wheel and SCCM become reasonably priced? Just ordered them so I do not miss out again!
Prices seem to fluctuate like crazy with them, so just keep an eye on them and snag them when they get cheap!

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
i got my heated steering wheel in the mail recently finally..
can somebody PLEASE tell me what else i need for my 501A?? reading this entire thread is such a headache 🤕
SCCM and HVAC modules for sure, potentially also the harness from the SCCM to the BCM. My 502A had that wiring already. Easy enough to check, from underneath the steering column, look through the hole in the middle ish. Look towards the steering wheel and two the right. If you see two connectors, one of them with only two wires, you will not need the harness.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Could someone confirm if FDRS is required for the new SCCM (ML3Z-3F791-BB)? I don't recall anything being mentioned other than loading the as builts from the factory SCCM via Forscan initially, but now I'm seeing conflicting information.

In other news, I found this recent video when looking for install tips. Unsure if it is one of our members, but it seems like helpful information.

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Could someone confirm if FDRS is required for the new SCCM (ML3Z-3F791-BB)? I don't recall anything being mentioned other than loading the as builts from the factory SCCM via Forscan initially, but now I'm seeing conflicting information.

In other news, I found this video when looking for install tips. Unsure if it is one of our members, but it seems like helpful information.

No, shouldn't be needed, unless you're putting a much newer HVAC in a old truck that has never been updated, you might get some issues, but all the more reason to keep everything updated if you can. Looks like you have a 23 so you should be just fine.

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
So this SCCM module is the correct one for '23 502A? I ordered the steering wheel, waiting for it to come in.
What is a good price for this, and do you have a link to get it? SCCM (ML3Z-3F791-BB)
Sponsored