First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A powerboost, 2024 Expedition
Occupation
retired
I have a 2023 power-boost Lariat 501a with a build date of 8-23. I want to install the heated steering wheel with the soft button on the screen. I am about ready to order the parts. I have the wiring harness visible but no wires from the steering wheel.
I found the ford bulletin 22G06 a few pages back that give the numbers for needed parts.
My truck calls for the sccm assembly # PL3Z-3F791-AB. Steering wheel PL3Z-3600-PA and steering wheel bolt W721079-S437 .

I see the recommended sccm on this site is ML3Z-3F791-BB. That part is about $100 less than the recommended one from ford's bulletin with the only difference being the power adjustable column which I don't have. I think it's worth 5 minutes of my time to swap out the wiper arms to save $100. I can't find a photo of the recommended steering wheel but I am going to have to trust that it will work. Unless anyone can chime in on a better choice. I do not have adaptive speed control or adaptive steering.

I think I am going to try the easy Forscan programming by going with the unreal theme or the HD theme. What is the preferred one of these two choices? I will probably try both of them out.
I am a new member, after reading all 86 pages I decided to join in with you guys.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
I have a 2023 power-boost Lariat 501a with a build date of 8-23. I want to install the heated steering wheel with the soft button on the screen. I am about ready to order the parts. I have the wiring harness visible but no wires from the steering wheel.
I found the ford bulletin 22G06 a few pages back that give the numbers for needed parts.
My truck calls for the sccm assembly # PL3Z-3F791-AB. Steering wheel PL3Z-3600-PA and steering wheel bolt W721079-S437 .

I see the recommended sccm on this site is ML3Z-3F791-BB. That part is about $100 less than the recommended one from ford's bulletin with the only difference being the power adjustable column which I don't have. I think it's worth 5 minutes of my time to swap out the wiper arms to save $100. I can't find a photo of the recommended steering wheel but I am going to have to trust that it will work. Unless anyone can chime in on a better choice. I do not have adaptive speed control or adaptive steering.

I think I am going to try the easy Forscan programming by going with the unreal theme or the HD theme. What is the preferred one of these two choices? I will probably try both of them out.
I am a new member, after reading all 86 pages I decided to join in with you guys.
ML3Z-3600-RA [heated steering wheel]
that should be the correct part number for Lariat and below trucks.

Sponsored

AjBaker

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A powerboost, 2024 Expedition
Occupation
retired
ML3Z-3600-RA is the correct number if you have adaptive speed control. I have normal cruise control

ML3Z-3600-RA [heated steering wheel]
that should be the correct part number for Lariat and below trucks.