2021 f150 column to console shifter swap

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Thanks to folks who posted the requested pics for me, I just learned in a different thread that my console-shifter steering column lacks the GSM mounting points for doing the 'reverse mod' to a column shifter.

I'd love to have column shift but replacing the steering column to get the required mounting points is a step too far for me, I'll live with my console shifter.
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
😳🤯 OH I want THAT! I really like my column shifter, except that it's not ergonomic to rest my hand on when I want to shift gears manually. I have to hold my hand like it's in a sock puppet because the shift buttons are too close to the end of the shifter, whereas older models you could rest your hand on it like a 4-wheeler throttle and the shifter would be the throttle itself.

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
hey guys update for you all i have completed my swap. And i love it wanna give a shout out infotainment (even tho one of their reps was a D***) but Jesse from infotainment as well good dude help me out a lot with gettn me the harness. So total Cost to complete this swap was $153 Shifter was $75 with a shipping cost of $30 and Wiring harness was $47.54 from infotainment with a military discount :). Install took about 1Hr30min.

Ford F-150 2021 f150 column to console shifter swap IMG_2807

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
hey guys update for you all i have completed my swap. And i love it wanna give a shout out infotainment (even tho one of their reps was a D***) but Jesse from infotainment as well good dude help me out a lot with gettn me the harness. So total Cost to complete this swap was $153 Shifter was $75 with a shipping cost of $30 and Wiring harness was $47.54 from infotainment with a military discount :). Install took about 1Hr30min.

IMG_2807.jpeg

Do you have a link to where you got the parts?

I HATE my console shifter

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
😳🤯 OH I want THAT! I really like my column shifter, except that it's not ergonomic to rest my hand on when I want to shift gears manually. I have to hold my hand like it's in a sock puppet because the shift buttons are too close to the end of the shifter, whereas older models you could rest your hand on it like a 4-wheeler throttle and the shifter would be the throttle itself.
40+ years of driving manual trans pickups, I can tell you the shifter location in the console shifted trucks is not comfortable at all.
Ive had a couple of T-Birds (94-97) that the shifter Was placed perfectly in the console to rest your arm on the lid and your hand on the shifter.
my 2007 Trailblazer is also relatively ergonomic.
I test drove a KR during Ford’s test drive promotion and that console shifter was absolutely uncomfortable as hell.
Shift knob is way too low compared to the console lid.
Hell, even my former 5spd Ranger was more comfortable.
with my elbow resting on the center armrest, straight out to shift knob, and all shifting could be accomplished without really moving my arm.

Sponsored

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
https://www.car-part.com/ - search here it will give you links to sites that have the part your looking for.

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2021-ford-f-150 i would reach out to there rep that is on this forum and he can help with getting the particular part you need. sorry for the late reply
Did you have to make any forscan changes for the truck to "recognize" the different shifter?

Also, did the shifter bolt right on or did you have to replace the steering column?

Thanks
Again

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
Did you have to make any forscan changes for the truck to "recognize" the different shifter?

Also, did the shifter bolt right on or did you have to replace the steering column?

Thanks
Again
You looking to the console to column correct or column to console

Sponsored

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Should be a direct bolt up however don’t quote me i went from column to console
Oh, this whole time I thought you did the reverse which is what I wanna do. Wanna sell your column shifter and shrouds? Haha

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
Oh, this whole time I thought you did the reverse which is what I wanna do. Wanna sell your column shifter and shrouds? Haha
If I had them I would have just given it to ya
Sponsored