First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
hey guys and girl i have been searching for more information about this swap i have looked and other forums but not much information. looking for anyone that has done the swap just trying to get some more information about the swap to know all pieces needed. thanks in advance for all the help
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I want to see the console to column swap. I want to have my work surface out for my wine and cheese while I cruise down the freeway with hands free bluecruise.. ford doesn't think I should be able to do this on a lariat trim and put the shifter in the way.. :rolleyes:;)

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
I want to see the console to column swap. I want to have my work surface out for my wine and cheese while I cruise down the freeway with hands free bluecruise.. ford doesn't think I should be able to do this on a lariat trim and put the shifter in the way.. :rolleyes:;)
thats funny i m not a fan of the column shifter but i believe the process for the swap is the same i just wanna make sure i m not missing anything before i attempt it

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I have a Lariat with a column shifter.

Peasant...

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
thats funny i m not a fan of the column shifter but i believe the process for the swap is the same i just wanna make sure i m not missing anything before i attempt it
I'm interested in following your adventure.

Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
thought the lariat came with only console shifters?
Mine was a custom order (not by me), but it's definitely a Lariat, and it's definitely a column. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, the fact that it's a column shift is WHY I have it, because the guy who ordered it wouldn't accept delivery because of the column shift and bench seat.

OP
OP

King8703

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 xlt
Occupation
Safety Director
Mine was a custom order (not by me), but it's definitely a Lariat, and it's definitely a column. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, the fact that it's a column shift is WHY I have it, because the guy who ordered it wouldn't accept delivery because of the column shift and bench seat.
dang them custom orders

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Would someone with bucket seats, full console, and COLUMN shift please post a pic of your 2021-2022 console without shifter? If there's storage with doors / covers could you show those both open and closed please?

I'm somewhat interested in going from console to column shift (opposite what this thread is about) and would like to see what the full console without shifter looks like.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Anytime. (y) It's looking like a fair bit of work since you likely have to pull the console to run the cable up to the column.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
thought the lariat came with only console shifters?
... column shift and bench seat.
500a and 501a came with bench seats and column shifter; console was standard on 502a. If you optioned bucket it then switched to console shifter.

Would someone with bucket seats, full console, and COLUMN shift please post a pic of your 2021-2022 console without shifter? If there's storage with doors / covers could you show those both open and closed please?

I'm somewhat interested in going from console to column shift (opposite what this thread is about) and would like to see what the full console without shifter looks like.
The XLTs I test drove both had column shift with buckets, 302a. You just get a storage pocket where the shifter goes.

Not mine:
Ford F-150 2021 f150 column to console shifter swap 1663876893163

Last edited:

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB

Thanks in advance!

TLF Truck has images of all the trims; this is an XLT with full console:

Ford F-150 2021 f150 column to console shifter swap 2021-ford-F-150-interior-XLT-two-tone

https://tfltruck.com/2020/07/the-new-2021-ford-f-150-has-13-unique-trims-which-one-is-best-for-you/
Sponsored