Sponsored

Headlights won't turn off

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
Got in this morning and the door chime immediately was going off. Didn't connect that the headlights were on, but also didn't notice them on...as I was flipping around then I noticed the headlights shining on the garage despite it being pretty bright outside. Thought maybe since the truck was sitting in the shade it might take a second for the headlights to go off...nope. Headlights and taillights are on but the headlight switch does nothing; I don't even get a message on the dash notifying me which position the switch is in. Anyone had this before? Any recommendations beyond calling the dealer? I cycled the key and messed with the switch, nothing...might go pull a fuse since I don't want the headlights on all day while I'm at work.
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A with adaptive headlights and 2.7
EDIT: Found this. I'll send to the dealer and see what they say: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/headlight-switch-changing-from-auto-mode-to-on.13068/
Sponsored

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Got in this morning and the door chime immediately was going off. Didn't connect that the headlights were on, but also didn't notice them on...as I was flipping around then I noticed the headlights shining on the garage despite it being pretty bright outside. Thought maybe since the truck was sitting in the shade it might take a second for the headlights to go off...nope. Headlights and taillights are on but the headlight switch does nothing; I don't even get a message on the dash notifying me which position the switch is in. Anyone had this before? Any recommendations beyond calling the dealer? I cycled the key and messed with the switch, nothing...might go pull a fuse since I don't want the headlights on all day while I'm at work.
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A with adaptive headlights and 2.7
With your VIN, I can look up any error codes your truck is recording. I know there an SSM for faulty headlight switches. See attached screenshot.

Ford F-150 Headlights won't turn off Picture14