Headlights would not turn off

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
I have 21 xlt powerboost. A couple of days ago I was unable to turn off the headlights. Earlier I unlocked the truck to get something. Later as I was working near the truck, I noticed the lights on. I double clicked the lock botton, lights still on. The feature for turning lights on as you approach truck was turned off. I started the truck and turned it off, lights still on. I looked at the headlight switch and there was no indication of position selected. I rotated the knob one position clockwise and it immediately 'found itself' and the indicator came on. I put it back in auto and it's all been normal since then. No doubt in my mind that the battery would have run down had I not intervened. Anyone else have this happen? I guess the light module is crapping out.
Sponsored

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
This just happened to me too. Lights finally went off after 10 minutes. I think it may have e had something to do with my phone Wi-Fi remaining linked to the truck. But even after disconnecting it and unlocking and relocking the truck it took 10 minutes for the head and taillights to go off. I was thinking they would remain on.