First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 3.5L POWERBOOST
Occupation
SW Engineer
For some reason starting two days ago the Headlights stay on after truck shutoff and locked. It would seem they stay on for 3+ minutes before shutting off. It's new, I must have got a Software Update over the night but now how to I change it back?

Anyone else seeing this ?
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I don't mind it. I used to hate it when my truck lights would turn off right after locking. If I wanted to see my way in, I would have to wait to lock it from the Fob. Since getting my '17 (And now my '22) I never take my key out of my pocket. I just walk up and unlock it and when I leave I press the lock button on the handle.

At least this way I can see my way to the door at night :)

Funny thing is, I noticed it last night, and swore that it didn't do that before, but just thought I was crazy. I only have had thee truck for 4 days, but I swore that over the weekend when I locked it the lights all turned off immediately, but just thought maybe I was misremembering. Now i know I'm not crazy :)

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
there is a setting for how long the lights will stay on for. I think it’s in the vehicle settings in sync settings. You can have it set to 15 30 or 120 seconds I think.

OP
OP
audioman2

audioman2

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
I do not see anything in my settings that allows you to turn this off or that says 15 30 or 120 seconds.
the truck lights stay on after the truck is locked and off for many minutes

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
In Sync go to:

Settings -> Vehicle -> Lighting (scroll down to it) -> Autolamp Delay then click it and select what you want it to be. Screenshot of the final screen:

Ford F-150 Headlights stay on after truck shutoff and locked 1649445728759

OP
OP
audioman2

audioman2

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
Well hot dam, I do have that setting and I have it off.
Ford F-150 Headlights stay on after truck shutoff and locked IMG_0521.JPG

Ford F-150 Headlights stay on after truck shutoff and locked IMG_0520.JPG

Ford F-150 Headlights stay on after truck shutoff and locked IMG_0519.JPG

OP
OP
audioman2

audioman2

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
I was just watching the lights stay on for 5 more minutes after the truck has been locked and off

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I have no clue. That is weird. Mine turn off after the allotted time (20s). I've never had them stay on.

They only stay on if I'm standing there because of the Welcome lights.

videian

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Platinum long bed powerboost
Occupation
Security
Anyone find a solution here, have the same issue.

Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Anyone find a solution here, have the same issue.
Same issue here. It has happened to me 3 times so far.

Today I pulled into the garage, turned off the truck and closed the door and went into the house where I left the key. The headlights went off after a bit, as they are set to do.

A few minutes later I went back into the garage without the key, the lights were off and I was standing near the rear bumper when I could see the headlights/taillights suddenly turn on (the key was not present, no doors opened, the steps didn't deploy).

I opened the driver's door and the "headlights on" warning tone started. The headlight switch was not illuminated like it normally would be when the door is opened.

Once I got the headlight switch to light up, it was in the ON position rather than the AUTO position like it was when I pulled into the garage.

Each of the three times this has happened I found that the headlight switch somehow went from AUTO to ON.

The first time it happened I thought I accidently hit the switch getting out. The second time I know I did not hit the switch and know that the "headlights on" warning was not going on when I left the vehicle.

Now, the third time I was actually able to see the truck turn the lights on by itself.

Since the headlight switch isn't a mechanical switch, but a software one, I'm pretty sure this is a bizarre software issue.

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None

Today I pulled into the garage, turned off the truck and closed the door and went into the house where I left the key. The headlights went off after a bit, as they are set to do.

A few minutes later I went back into the garage without the key, the lights were off and I was standing near the rear bumper when I could see the headlights/taillights suddenly turn on (the key was not present, no doors opened, the steps didn't deploy).

I opened the driver's door and the "headlights on" warning tone started. The headlight switch was not illuminated like it normally would be when the door is opened.

Once I got the headlight switch to light up, it was in the ON position rather than the AUTO position like it was when I pulled into the garage.

Each of the three times this has happened I found that the headlight switch somehow went from AUTO to ON.

The first time it happened I thought I accidently hit the switch getting out. The second time I know I did not hit the switch and know that the "headlights on" warning was not going on when I left the vehicle.

Now, the third time I was actually able to see the truck turn the lights on by itself.

Since the headlight switch isn't a mechanical switch, but a software one, I'm pretty sure this is a bizarre software issue.
Just had this very thing happen to me an hour ago after changing the LED License Plate lights. Went into the house, came back out to test lights, drop tailgate, lifted tailgate, locked car from keyfob and damn lights would not turn off.

Opened truck front door to check for any strange errors or lights on, and heard the headlights “ON” warning sound. Noticed the lights were set to “ON” position when they’ve been on “Auto” all this time. This was not an error, and I did not accidentally switch options either. Switched back to “Auto”, the warning sound turned off, closer door and things went back to normal. I have no idea what triggered that button to change and I’m the only one who has access to the truck. This was not happening during the process of swapping my License Plate lights, but a few minutes after.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just had this very thing happen to me an hour ago after changing the LED License Plate lights. Went into the house, came back out to test lights, drop tailgate, lifted tailgate, locked car from keyfob and damn lights would not turn off.

Opened truck front door to check for any strange errors or lights on, and heard the headlights “ON” warning sound. Noticed the lights were set to “ON” position when they’ve been on “Auto” all this time. This was not an error, and I did not accidentally switch options either. Switched back to “Auto”, the warning sound turned off, closer door and things went back to normal. I have no idea what triggered that button to change and I’m the only one who has access to the truck. This was not happening during the process of swapping my License Plate lights, but a few minutes after. This is the first time I’ve encountered this since taking possession of my new 2022 Platinum.

Wondering what could have triggered this? I mean, I realize this technology can be manipulated from far away, and no updates have been run on SYNC4 recently, so will wait for more information. The last thing I need is to be away from my truck only to learn these turned on by themselves and kill my battery.

videian

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Platinum long bed powerboost
Occupation
Security

Sponsored