First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
My heated steering wheel only stays on for 5-10 minutes. Then, with the light still on and not touching the button, it just stops heating, even with the light staying on still indicating it is on. It’s also just lukewarm at best.

Has anyone had similar issues? Trying to verify if it’s supposed to act like this or not before i
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
you are correct, it turns off automatically around 10 mins. I think I just recently saw a post about potentially changing something in the API, ForScan.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
It also cycles the heat on/off at times! Yes, there is a forscan change that makes it stay on and also increase the temp of the steering wheel!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My heated steering wheel only stays on for 5-10 minutes. Then, with the light still on and not touching the button, it just stops heating, even with the light staying on still indicating it is on. It’s also just lukewarm at best.

Has anyone had similar issues? Trying to verify if it’s supposed to act like this or not before i
Hi there. This heated steering wheel concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored