Sponsored

Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!!

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
The 1st and 4th picture are normal and on all the time. That is part of the ambient lighting. The light in the glove box is up for debate since you can only see it when you open it up. I can’t tell where the other picture is from.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
The 1st and 4th picture are normal and on all the time. That is part of the ambient lighting. The light in the glove box is up for debate since you can only see it when you open it up. I can’t tell where the other picture is from.
No, ambient light setting is toggled off. I know this for a fact because the ford tech showed me the wiring diagram and all these lights are on one circuit and not the ambient light circuit. Plus with ambient light option on the cup holder illumination is on and works w the sliding adjustment and they are never on until you open any exterior door on the truck then all the lights come on. And i have video from phone being in glove box and all other compartments lights are on and compartment doors are shut.
Ya following me now?

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d find someone with like trim and get their values of the HCM and compare. WTH is “showroom lights”, lol.
what is HCM? and wth are showroom lights lol

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
what is HCM? and wth are showroom lights lol
I was refering to the Headlight Control Module in the Forscan spreadsheet on this site. I do know that the one foglight thing is part of the BCM module under 726-39-01 Fog Lamp Usage Config. and 726-42-01 RF and LF Fog lamp usage where it enables cornering lights.

First, I would have the dealer or someone you know that can use Forscan, reload all factory values back into the HCM and the BCM. If that doesn't solve the issue, I would suspect a pinched wire or short somewhere on that circuit.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was refering to the Headlight Control Module in the Forscan spreadsheet on this site. I do know that the one foglight thing is part of the BCM module under 726-39-01 Fog Lamp Usage Config. and 726-42-01 RF and LF Fog lamp usage where it enables cornering lights.

First, I would have the dealer or someone you know that can use Forscan, reload all factory values back into the HCM and the BCM. If that doesn't solve the issue, I would suspect a pinched wire or short somewhere on that circuit.
Thanks Bud, I think a reprogram is a possible fix. I should've reiterated that they do go off after you park and wait 12 to 15 mins for the time out. So pinched wire not so much. Its going in to different dealer next wed for more disappointed looks and shoulder shrugs and a "cannot duplicate" statement on my receipt. lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, ambient light setting is toggled off. I know this for a fact because the ford tech showed me the wiring diagram and all these lights are on one circuit and not the ambient light circuit. Plus with ambient light option on the cup holder illumination is on and works w the sliding adjustment and they are never on until you open any exterior door on the truck then all the lights come on. And i have video from phone being in glove box and all other compartments lights are on and compartment doors are shut.
Ya following me now?
I am now that more information has been shared. Disconnect the 12v battery and the small back up battery under the rear passenger seat and give the truck a reboot. Might fix it without the need for a dealer trip. The battery under the rear seat is only on powerboosts.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am now that more information has been shared. Disconnect the 12v battery and the small back up battery under the rear passenger seat and give the truck a reboot. Might fix it without the need for a dealer trip. The battery under the rear seat is only on powerboosts.
cool ill give it a whirl when i get home thanks

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cool ill give it a whirl when i get home thanks
I would leave both batteries disconnected for five or 10 minutes to make sure a full reset happens. I know people have tried this in the past and it didn’t work because they didn’t know about the small battery underneath the passenger seat.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Bud, I think a reprogram is a possible fix. I should've reiterated that they do go off after you park and wait 12 to 15 mins for the time out. So pinched wire not so much. Its going in to different dealer next wed for more disappointed looks and shoulder shrugs and a "cannot duplicate" statement on my receipt. lol
Just FYI. Not to convolute anything, but the battery shedding ability, will turn off things based on necessity to preserve battery (i.e. you could have a short, but that whole circuit gets shut down eventually after your 12-15 min). I would def try the modules first though.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just FYI. Not to convolute anything, but the battery shedding ability, will turn off things based on necessity to preserve battery (i.e. you could have a short, but that whole circuit gets shut down eventually after your 12-15 min). I would def try the modules first though.
My question is to FORD why the hell would I need these GD lights on when I'm driving! They were to cheap to put switches on these areas is my only guess or just completely forgot it when designed and built . There are no visible switches to let the system know the glove box is open or closed.

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My question is to FORD why the hell would I need these GD lights on when I'm driving! They were to cheap to put switches on these areas is my only guess or just completely forgot it when designed and built . There are no visible switches to let the system know the glove box is open or closed.
lol, I don’t know. The wiring diagram shows a glovebox switch.

Not to sound like a douche, but you don’t have this button “on” do you? That button would turn all the lights on, all the time.

Ford F-150 Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!! 1EB3E11A-1F26-4D88-91FD-F72F1A2119BE

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lol, I don’t know. The wiring diagram shows a glovebox switch.

Not to sound like a douche, but you don’t have this button “on” do you? That button would turn all the lights on, all the time.

1EB3E11A-1F26-4D88-91FD-F72F1A2119BE.jpeg
ya thats not it either

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just FYI 2nd dealer 3rd trip lights still wont turn off. Service says its just the way ford engineered it and theirs nothing they can do about it. So all you w lariat trims and center console lights will know those lights will never shut off while the vehicle is on. This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen in a new vehicle.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
In addition to the posted issue. As the porter was backing my truck out of the bay spot and driving towards me as I watch thru the service Dept glass window the passenger side fog light was on and the driver side was not. Long story short the technician said after reprogramming the PCM some stuff might take a while to wrk.
I just started to notice the opposite (Driver ON and Passenger OFF) over the last few weeks. I have a service appt Friday morning for a free oil change and on the list is this passenger fog light not coming on when DLR or Lights ON (not Auto mode). Both fogs lights work when engaged.

Something is definitely not programmed right.

Ford F-150 Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!! 2022-01-13 08.27.05

Ford F-150 Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!! 2022-01-13 08.27.51

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just started to notice the opposite (Driver ON and Passenger OFF) over the last few weeks. I have a service appt Friday morning for a free oil change and on the list is this passenger fog light not coming on when DLR or Lights ON (not Auto mode). Both fogs lights work when engaged.

Something is definitely not programmed right.

2022-01-13 08.27.05.jpg

2022-01-13 08.27.51.jpg
toss your phone in the glove box w truck on and record if the light goes off.
Sponsored