Sponsored

Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!!

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I just started to notice the opposite (Driver ON and Passenger OFF) over the last few weeks. I have a service appt Friday morning for a free oil change and on the list is this passenger fog light not coming on when DLR or Lights ON (not Auto mode). Both fogs lights work when engaged.

Something is definitely not programmed right.

2022-01-13 08.27.05.jpg

2022-01-13 08.27.51.jpg
Looks like you have cornering lamps activated. Under 25mph it lights up the side you turn to or if your turn signal is on that direction.
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I couldn't wait until tomorrow.

My wife just laughed at me. "You never drive at night so you would never see that those lights come on when you turn."

So the fog lights are certainly doing the cornering thing. LOVE IT. Functionally makes sense since it illuminates more area to the front corners as you turn at low speeds.

As for the lights in the glove box and center console, they definitely stay on. As I was testing this with the phone camera in the bin, it dawned on me the extra expense (time and material) to run and support/service two separate sets of 12V wiring to introduce a shutoff latch/switch. Yes....Ford pinching pennies.

I don't see any light bleed from the two bins at night, so I would have never known.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
Mine has a bank of leds below the vents in the rear passenger console area. That are on all the time and the vanity tray light puts out quite a bit of light in front of u use the supplied phone holder (total joke). I’m sure I’ll find the fuse after I look under the hood or the other on in the cab

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Mine has a bank of leds below the vents in the rear passenger console area. That are on all the time and the vanity tray light puts out quite a bit of light in front of u use the supplied phone holder (total joke). I’m sure I’ll find the fuse after I look under the hood or the other on in the cab
I don't have a retractable lid on my vanity, so I don't have a light there; the ambient blue light is good enough to see the cup holders and side tray (no lay flat shifter).

I don't sit in the back, but I could see my kids benefiting from a bit of visibility around their feet. I know I always get asked 'dad can you turn on the light back here' during road trips. I can't recall when/if they ever ask me this in the year I have owned this 21' F150.