Sponsored

Compartment lights stay on all the time!!!!

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
2nd time to dealership. Glove box, front console compartment under dash buttons (w over head sliding door panel) arm rest glove box, and rear led light bank all stay on during driving no matter how long of a drive. Day or night. Now they do shut off after I park for about 15 mins. Anyone else’s truck do this. Dealer said they pulled a truck from lot and said it does the same thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2nd time to dealership. Glove box, front console compartment under dash buttons (w over head sliding door panel) arm rest glove box, and rear led light bank all stay on during driving no matter how long of a drive. Day or night. Now they do shut off after I park for about 15 mins. Anyone else’s truck do this. Dealer said they pulled a truck from lot and said it does the same thing.
Hello, Chris!
Send a message to us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealership. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Are you referring to the ambient lighting? These lights are on anytime the vehicle is on. They light up anything you would need access to when it’s dark and the brightness can be adjusted on the main screen.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you referring to the ambient lighting? These lights are on anytime the vehicle is on. They light up anything you would need access to when it’s dark and the brightness can be adjusted on the main screen.
No

Sponsored

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In addition to the posted issue. As the porter was backing my truck out of the bay spot and driving towards me as I watch thru the service Dept glass window the passenger side fog light was on and the driver side was not. Long story short the technician said after reprogramming the PCM some stuff might take a while to wrk.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
In addition to the posted issue. As the porter was backing my truck out of the bay spot and driving towards me as I watch thru the service Dept glass window the passenger side fog light was on and the driver side was not. Long story short the technician said after reprogramming the PCM some stuff might take a while to wrk.
I believe if you have a lariat or higher the fog lights illuminate to the side the steering wheel is turning to.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe if you have a lariat or higher the fog lights illuminate to the side the steering wheel is turning to.
Yes it is a lariat 501a. I will test that this weekend. Also what’s the point? Does it get brighter? Ford engineer “It’s dark let’s turn lights off”. Other Ford engineer “brilliant, and we’ll leave all the console lights on in the cab also” Head engineer “We can charge a fortune.”

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes it is a lariat 501a. I will test that this weekend. Also what’s the point? Does it get brighter? Ford engineer “It’s dark let’s turn lights off”. Other Ford engineer “brilliant, and we’ll leave all the console lights on in the cab also” Head engineer “We can charge a fortune.”
It's a "cornering lamp".

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Post some pictures of the lights you are referring to in the interior.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I’d find someone with like trim and get their values of the HCM and compare. WTH is “showroom lights”, lol.