Halogen vs LED OEM headlights? 13th gen owner input?

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4, 2021 F150 Raptor (anticipated)
Occupation
Engineer
So, in researching the strengths and weaknesses of the 13th generation of F-150's (2015-2020), I've read over and over how horrible Ford's OEM headlights are with regards to light intensity and beam pattern. I haven't been able to confirm for myself if this perceived weakness is limited to just their halogen headlights or their LED headlights as well.

Can any owners of this generation of truck speak to your personal impressions of the OEM headlights?

Does anyone have personal experience with both the Halogen and LED OEM headlights and able to provide a general comparison between the two?

Does anyone have personal experience with any of the better aftermarket upgrades (Morimoto XB, Alpha Rex NOVA-Series, etc.) and how they actually compare to the OEM headlights in intensity and pattern?

Would greatly appreciate any insights anyone has to share.

Respectfully.

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Go with OEM LED headlights and call it a day.

No aftermarket LED bulb replacement can compare to the OEM LED headlight assembly.

The next best option would be the Morimoto assemblies and many owners replace their OEM “halogen” assemblies for these.

The first thing you need to ask yourself is how much do you want or are willing to spend and go from there.

OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4, 2021 F150 Raptor (anticipated)
Occupation
Engineer
Found this extensive comparison video on YouTube between the Morimoto and the Alpha Rex NOVA.

Alpha Rex for the win in this particular comparison.

What you can't know obviously is to what level both sets of headlights can be adjusted to correct their shortcomings, and how they might actually compare if you took the time to really dial each of them in before making the comparison.

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ford mustang, 2015 ford edge
I have halogen in my Ford edge and led in my mustang and I love the led. It is a lot brighter, go farther, and a lot wider. You also see the road better in the rain.