Sponsored

GY Wrangler Territory AT (18")

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
From everything I've read, these are highly likely to be the tires that will be coming on my truck.

501a PB 4x4.

General impressions from reading many reviews, including other sites.

Quiet, good MPG, good all around traction.

Not the greatest at longevity and prone to punctures.

It is SL rated but with a max PSI of 51.

Now, I'm no tire expert but generally, the higher the rated PSI, the tougher the tire. Yes? No?

I've been running one version or another of Cooper Discoverers for a couple decades. Currently SRXs, in what could reasonably be described as harsh conditions. Plenty of cut rock on grading sites, corn stubble, near locust trees etc. They max out at 46 PSI. Never had a problem but this new truck, is for a different phase of our lives. Not that it won't see off road use but much less and less severe. Its main job, will be to tow a TT. To boondocking sites for sure but at 30', it won't be off in the really rough stuff.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
From everything I've read, these are highly likely to be the tires that will be coming on my truck.

501a PB 4x4.

General impressions from reading many reviews, including other sites.

Quiet, good MPG, good all around traction.

Not the greatest at longevity and prone to punctures.

It is SL rated but with a max PSI of 51.

Now, I'm no tire expert but generally, the higher the rated PSI, the tougher the tire. Yes? No?

I've been running one version or another of Cooper Discoverers for a couple decades. Currently SRXs, in what could reasonably be described as harsh conditions. Plenty of cut rock on grading sites, corn stubble, near locust trees etc. They max out at 46 PSI. Never had a problem but this new truck, is for a different phase of our lives. Not that it won't see off road use but much less and less severe. Its main job, will be to tow a TT. To boondocking sites for sure but at 30', it won't be off in the really rough stuff.
These came on my XLT. Since I purchased the truck one year ago, a 2021 with 5k miles on it, I have had three punctures, one of which was not repairable. All three were caused by nails or screws. I just may have been unlucky. They ride nice, are quiet, and handle well. Winter traction is so-so. To help with mpg, these tires are very light, at only 38 lbs. That may contribute to being more puncture prone.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
I put about 3k miles on mine before I swapped with BFG ko2’s. No issues on the road when I had them, great mpg and quiet. Just didn’t want to go off road with them at all

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One thing I came across a couple times on them, is supposedly there is a difference in the retail version, vs. OEM. Have no idea if true, or maybe a mid yr. change?

Some say they are not 3 peak, some say they are.

???

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
One thing I came across a couple times on them, is supposedly there is a difference in the retail version, vs. OEM. Have no idea if true, or maybe a mid yr. change?

Some say they are not 3 peak, some say they are.

???
My OEMs are NOT 3PMS rated.

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Factory tires are compromosed by desire to meet EPA ratings. Just because it looks off road doesn't mean it works. Their weight tells me these are really soft tires.

If experience tells you the right tire for your needs, plan ahead and swap them out. GY Duratrac might also be a good choice for you.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Factory tires are compromosed by desire to meet EPA ratings. Just because it looks off road doesn't mean it works. Their weight tells me these are really soft tires.

If experience tells you the right tire for your needs, plan ahead and swap them out. GY Duratrac might also be a good choice for you.
This is the decision I'm kind of torn by.

I've read of guys doing the swap before it even leaves the dealer and getting pretty decent trade value, since the tires are new.

OTOH, I haven't run Wranglers in quite a while and I'm sort of curious but not sure what I'd get for them, once used.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Those are on my Lariat 502A Sport package (18s). I really like them. I have 25k miles on my truck and they are wearing very well. I expect I'll get at least 40k out of them.

On my last truck, I had Falken Wildpeaks AT3W. I may swap for those when the Goodyears wear out. Or I may get the same Wranglers again (non-OEM).

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
I don’t tow myself but from what I’ve heard be prepared to swap them out if you are towing your trailer a lot. They are a light and soft tire that gets surprisingly good traction on dry and wet roads. When mine wear out I’m probably getting Nitto Recon Grapplers or Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
My original intent was going to wear my Wranglers out, but a very good deal came up locally for Tremor takeoff Grabbers. I do miss the stellar fuel economy of the Wranglers, but appearance and capability (3PMSF) of the Grabbers makes the change worth it to me.

Sponsored

Tremorb

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I put about 3k miles on mine before I swapped with BFG ko2’s. No issues on the road when I had them, great mpg and quiet. Just didn’t want to go off road with them at all
What compromises did you have to make when moving to the KO2s (assuming E load rating)? I'm guessing a much firmer ride..? Currently running GY Duratracs (C rated) but spending a lot more time in the dirt nowadays so would like to move to a tougher tire.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
What compromises did you have to make when moving to the KO2s (assuming E load rating)? I'm guessing a much firmer ride..? Currently running GY Duratracs (C rated) but spending a lot more time in the dirt nowadays so would like to move to a tougher tire.
Actually went with a C rated BFG. E’s are very heavy and I was trying to save weight. I figured with a true AT tread and tougher sidewall it would be fine, and so far it has been over hundreds of miles of off road including some pretty aggressive shale/rock sections. Only compromise is a loss of 2-3mpg (estimated) due to the weight and tread pattern of the new tire and wheel combo. Hard to tell how much stiffer of a ride it is as I also put on fox 2.0’s at the same time, so much more firm than stock. I’m used to it now, and it rides like a truck!

Tremorb

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Actually went with a C rated BFG. E’s are very heavy and I was trying to save weight. I figured with a true AT tread and tougher sidewall it would be fine, and so far it has been over hundreds of miles of off road including some pretty aggressive shale/rock sections. Only compromise is a loss of 2-3mpg (estimated) due to the weight and tread pattern of the new tire and wheel combo. Hard to tell how much stiffer of a ride it is as I also put on fox 2.0’s at the same time, so much more firm than stock. I’m used to it now, and it rides like a truck!
Good to know. Sure wish BFG offered them in C in a 275/70 R18 (33"). In fact I can't seem to find any C load tires in that size. Maybe I stick with the Duratracs for now. I'm generally only on 2-4 trails with an occasional 5 so I really don't feel I need an E tire.
Thanks

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Good to know. Sure wish BFG offered them in C in a 275/70 R18 (33"). In fact I can't seem to find any C load tires in that size. Maybe I stick with the Duratracs for now. I'm generally only on 2-4 trails with an occasional 5 so I really don't feel I need an E tire.
Thanks
Yeah, options are limited in 18’s for sure. I prefer less wheel and more tire for offroad anyways. I had considered a set of 18” methods and some super eco friendly road tire for daily use to save gas mileage, then putting on my offroad set on for trips. The cost of doing that though would take 10’s if not 100’s of thousands of miles to offset the cost. Keep 3 things in your truck at all times if you’re off road though: spare tire/tools, plug kit, and “glue tread” sidewall repair kit. Trust me!
Sponsored