• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got order invite today (4/12/2022)

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
In a weird twist, I received an order invite about an hour ago. Anybody else? Must be the mop up wave finally? Lariat (SR + ER) and Platinum are the only options left. I thought it was interesting that it says " Estimated delivery in summer 2022" though.
Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I'm guessing current orders will be scheduled through July and cleanups in August.

hahahano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
In a weird twist, I received an order invite about an hour ago. Anybody else? Must be the mop up wave finally? Lariat (SR + ER) and Platinum are the only options left. I thought it was interesting that it says " Estimated delivery in summer 2022" though.
Yes, yes, oh god yes!

I mean, yeah I got my invite today too.

I'm - so - happy!!! :::head explodes:::

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
My dealer called me 2 hours ago told me I was next in line for wave 6. I think he was exaggerating a bit. I was in the middle of a business zoom call so I couldn't really talk much, but he asked me what Trim I might be interested in and I told him XLT. He said he'd get back to me. I don't expect he will. If anything is still available it's Lariat and above I'm sure. To be clear, I know I wasn't next in line... months ago he told me I was like 20 spots down. I think he's going through his entire list looking for a Platinum/Lariat buyer .

MXHanz

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
Classified
Also got an invite today. Reserved during the launch on 5/19, but missed out on waves 1-5 due to dealer prioritization. Lariat ER in AMB. Delivery in summer 2022 sounds much better than ordering a 23 in summer 22!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My dealer called me 2 hours ago told me I was next in line for wave 6. I think he was exaggerating a bit. I was in the middle of a business zoom call so I couldn't really talk much, but he asked me what Trim I might be interested in and I told him XLT. He said he'd get back to me. I don't expect he will. If anything is still available it's Lariat and above I'm sure. To be clear, I know I wasn't next in line... months ago he told me I was like 20 spots down. I think he's going through his entire list looking for a Platinum/Lariat buyer .
I wish my dealer would have given me the heads up - but nope - just crickets...

Did receive a text and email from Ford for a "few" 2022 MY Lightning available - ordered a Lariat SR.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I wish my dealer would have given me the heads up - but nope - just crickets...

Did receive a text and email from Ford for a "few" 2022 MY Lightning available - ordered a Lariat SR.
I think the heads up was kind of a prescreening trap. I did not end up getting any invite so far. Maybe I could have talked myself up to Lariat, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen now. I was rationalizing trading up with the tax credit from Pro to XLT...not really trading up from XLT to Lariat. The options packages on the lightning are such a disproportionate mess. You can get Blue Cruise on an entry level mach E with a $3500 package but you've got to go 30k up in the lightning just to get the garage door opener and you're still 10k short from getting bluecruise.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think the heads up was kind of a prescreening trap. I did not end up getting any invite so far. Maybe I could have talked myself up to Lariat, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen now. I was rationalizing trading up with the tax credit from Pro to XLT...not really trading up from XLT to Lariat. The options packages on the lightning are such a disproportionate mess. You can get Blue Cruise on an entry level mach E with a $3500 package but you've got to go 30k up in the lightning just to get the garage door opener and you're still 10k short from getting bluecruise.
Sounds like your dealer has an allocation that opened up.

According to the video by Long McArthur Ford - they said any unconverted or extended till '23 orders will automatically give that dealership another '22 slot to fill.

Like you, I didn't want to wait for the '23 XLT.
Life's too short.

You may want to get a Lariat base and see how that goes - you can ALWAYS flip it and make enough to pay for a '23 XLT...

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 SPRCAB XL 4X4 V8 SPORT, 2022 XLT
Occupation
DOD ARMY RETIRED
Yeah I got an order invite for a Bronco 2 door w 2.7 and tried to use it. Dealer called me at 9am and said IDK why Ford sent that to you. The order banks are full and you can’t order now. I was like ok. But now that I see others got them. Wassup.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
For what it's worth I was able to get a reservation right before November of last year. So whatever that means, I have no idea. I was just happy to get my order in, but they are smoking some crack for that ER deal. 10k for 70 miles or 3000 towing pounds??? SR for me all day.
I used to think range was a dealbreaker, but now that I’ve been driving a Mach-E with a range of 211 miles, I have no trouble ordering an XLT SR with “just” a 230 mile range.

I charge at home for literally peanuts… compared to ICE. I start off each day with 100% on my battery, and I tend to have 90% or more at the end of each day.

I’ve gone on two longer trips and the built-in maps told me exactly where to stop for a DC fast charge along the way… Generally after 200 miles of driving, I can use a break for some food, a bathroom run and a few minutes of rest while I charge.

Paying another $10K for 70 more miles is simply not worth it…. And in my case, the F-150 will actually have more range than my Mach-e. In fact, according to some of Ford’s early information, I think it may get more than 230 because they said that was with a 1000 pound load.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
OMG, I got the invite!!! However, I'm now getting this error when trying to configure "Sorry, we're experiencing some technical issues at the moment." Why do you torture me like this Ford?
Keep trying and use a different browser. Even try with your phone too. I had that driving me crazy for 30 minutes before it finally took my deposit. Good luck!

penfair

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'01 Excursioni, '12 F350, '06 Prius
Occupation
Self employed painting contractor
I received my invitation to order today too, I extended my reservation for a Pro for MY23. A half hour later my salesman called me to confirm thats what I wanted to do, I told him I hope we're towards the front of the line for the Pro or XLT for next year.
Sponsored