SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
loaded question. What's wrong with your currently ride?
Nothing according to two ford dealerships.
"That the way FORD made it thats the way its gonna be."

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/compartment-lights-stay-on-all-the-time.7762/

I cant believe this hasn't gained any traction on this forum. Maybe no one gives a shit or they're just not aware, but according to ford these GD lights will stay on all the time your truck is on.
That's just stupid to me, call me old fashion but when I leave a room I turn the lights off.

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/compartment-lights-stay-on-all-the-time.7762/

I cant believe this hasn't gained any traction on this forum. Maybe no one gives a shit or they're just not aware, but according to ford these GD lights will stay on all the time your truck is on.
That's just stupid to me, call me old fashion but when I leave a room I turn the lights off.
You’re throwing a fit and selling your truck because you don’t like the way a few of the interior lights function? Everything you complained was explained to be functioning as designed.

Yep, I’d call you old fashioned, or more accurately unreasonable.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[/QUOTE]
You’re throwing a fit and selling your truck because you don’t like the way a few of the interior lights function? Everything you complained was explained to be functioning as designed.

Its just one the trivial issues I guess.

Guess your glove box light is on to? All I'm saying is why? This gen 14 forum oozes bitching and moaning about something on this truck whether its quality or why did they do that. What makes my problem so special. Nothing, just seems to be more of the norm.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran

No disrespect but you're going to trade-in your brand new ride with a lot more tech features for a used 2018 raptor that you don't know how it was treated by previous owner/owners, usually sell for a higher marked up price, have to deal with sitting in a dealership again playing the game of trying to not get screwed over for a few thousands, all over some small interior lights that quite possible might be on the raptor as well since its another Ford truck?

Ford F-150 GOOD DEAL OR NOT? 1642099456057

Also we turn the lights off when leaving a room to not waste unnecessary electricity to avoid a higher bill but that doesn't make a difference in a vehicle with a battery and alternator.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just answer me this, does your glove box light stay on while your truck is on and closed? If it does i'll shut the f@#k up and go on about my business.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Just answer me this, does your glove box light stay on while your truck is on and closed? If it does i'll shut the f@#k up and go on about my business.
Calm down bud, you never asked anyone here if the light stays on, you just asked if the trade in was a good deal or not. I can check for you later today if it stays on or not, might not be apples to apples though because I have an XLT 302A.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
How do you know it’s on when closed? Can you see the light coming out or something? Just curious. I’ll have to check mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do you know it’s on when closed? Can you’d remember the light coming out or something? Just curious. I’ll have to check mine.
Had my 9 year old tell me "Dad just put your phone in there with it recording video"

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Just checked on my way home from work and the glovebox and center console lights are on while closed. Can’t see any light bleeding through the lid while it’s shut though.

OP
OP
SILVERBULLET69

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just checked on my way home from work and the glovebox and center console lights are on while closed. Can’t see any light bleeding through the lid while it’s shut though.
Thanks for looking

do you find that odd?

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Thanks for looking

do you find that odd?
I was curious and looked tonight, and the lights stay on in mine in those places too. I guess it’s a little different than older vehicles when they used switches to turn off those higher draw, hotter, shorter lived incandescent bulbs so they didn’t burn out, ignite something, or tax the electric system. I’d expect these ultra low power LEDs to burn out after a few decades of on-time, and don’t heat up. Personally, I’m not concerned, but I get how it could annoy folks.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost

sounds like your trying to justify buying another truck so soon for a Raptor. Lol jk

but to answer your original question: a 4 year old truck, with 40k miles for $62k … that’s tough for me to grasp. I get it… it’s a Raptor thing, and they hold value, but things are way inflated and I guess I rather drive new. Raptor owner eithe baby them or trash them, I rather not risk it, pay premium, and be outside of warranty period. My $0.02.

on the flip side: I assume you will get great money for your 2021 and May be in good shape? Which at that point will boils down to a personal want.

Last edited:

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Thanks for looking

do you find that odd?
To me personally, no not really. I can’t see any light when they’re shut so it doesn’t affect me. Only time will tell how often the bulbs go out but they didn’t feel hot at all though.
Sponsored