First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
That’s basically the route I took. A1A to the ferry and back.
oh i miss mayport, that winding road is a gas.
great little hole in wall seafood place right before the ferry
singeltons seafood shack
grilled or blackened Maui Maui
Sponsored

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
oh i miss mayport, that winding road is a gas.
great little hole in wall seafood place right before the ferry
singeltons seafood shack
grilled or blackened Maui Maui
I actually seriously considered stopping at Singletons as I passed it. It’s a staple for me

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
So I just went for a drive, paying close attention to GFHB behavior. Here’s how mine is currently working.
High beam off to on, no ramp.
High beam on to off, no ramp.
High beam on, adjusting for traffic, road signs, etc, ramps as normal.

Maybe this is completely normal? Maybe new “normal” behavior? Bottom line, for my truck at least they still work.
I thought something was wrong with mine but that’s how mine have always operated on my ‘23 built in May 2023. I always assumed the ramping people talked about wasnt them initially coming on but coming back up as a car goes by.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I actually seriously considered stopping at Singletons as I passed it. It’s a staple for me
not off topic at all, i ate there at least 3 days a week from 1990 to 2000 for lunch

the roads are dark around the jetties, good spot to test the glare free 🤣 (y)

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I added the left/right option in my APIM and toggled it.

I checked in forscan for the IPMA value of 8 and mine was already an 8. I didn't have to change anything.

Mine is still acting funny. It does not ramp up like it should.

The search continues for a solution.
I am in the exact same boat as you!

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
From what i have noticed is that the Ramping doesnt work in lower speeds. So if you are driving 25 MPH the brights do not Ramp down but rather Shut off. Are the people that are mentioning the different behavior driving at speeds over 35 MPH? Just curious,,

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I have been paying attention to the lights a lot. I have not seem them ramp at all anymore. Under or over 35 mph.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I was looking at my headlights this evening and had a question for y'all. My upper projectors do absolutely nothing useful on low beam or high beam. They are basically decoration pieces that glow a little bit but provide no useful light output. Are they suppose to do something? What does everybody's trucks do with those upper assembly's? When I put my hand in front of them on high beam and low beam, there are just a couple small dots on my hand from them.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I have been paying attention to the lights a lot. I have not seem them ramp at all anymore. Under or over 35 mph.
@Ffdlt371 Can you post your current asbuilt values?

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx-xxx?-xx--
IPMA 706-34-01 xx??-?xxx-xx--
SCCM 724-04-01 xxx?-xxxx-xx--
HCM 734-01-01 xxxx-xxx?-xx--
HCM 734-01-02 x
?
xx-xxxx-xx--

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
@Ffdlt371 Can you post your current asbuilt values?

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx-xxx?-xx--
IPMA 706-34-01 xx??-?xxx-xx--
SCCM 724-04-01 xxx?-xxxx-xx--
Sure. But not until tomorrow.

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
From what i have noticed is that the Ramping doesnt work in lower speeds. So if you are driving 25 MPH the brights do not Ramp down but rather Shut off. Are the people that are mentioning the different behavior driving at speeds over 35 MPH? Just curious,,
Antho,

What has changed is the “ramp up” when you cross that 35 mph threshold and the brights come on initially or after going out completely for street lights etc.. Previously that was a smooth ramp to ON, now it’s instant. All other functionality, ramping after a “squint” for traffic still works. The latest IPMA update seems to be the culprit. It also seems to set 706-34-01 to xx00-0 for some (me included) which creates some truly crazy behavior until that is fixed.

I have poked around and found no why to restore the initial ramp. I have basically come to the conclusion that is gone now

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Antho,

What has changed is the “ramp up” when you cross that 35 mph threshold and the brights come on initially or after going out completely for street lights etc.. Previously that was a smooth ramp to ON, now it’s instant. All other functionality, ramping after a “squint” for traffic still works. The latest IPMA update seems to be the culprit. It also seems to set 706-34-01 to xx00-0 for some (me included) which creates some truly crazy behavior until that is fixed.

I have poked around and found no why to restore the initial ramp. I have basically come to the conclusion that is gone now
@ROBB1 I just started looking into it about an hour ago. Looking in the IPMA and SCCM considering those recently got updated.
In the SCCM i see that 724-04-01 xxx4-xxxx-xx-- is AHB_Feature ADB. Is that the correct setting? I see that there is a value there for GFHB but it is 724-04-01 xxx3-xxxx-xx-- is AHB_Feature GFHB

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Compare asbuilt before and after IPMA updates? 🤔

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx-xxx?-xx-- 9
IPMA 706-34-01 xx??-?xxx-xx-- AA 8
SCCM 724-04-01 xxx?-xxxx-xx-- 4
HCM 734-01-01 xxxx-xxx?-xx-- 1
HCM 734-01-02 x?xx-xxxx-xx-- 3

hey @antho , you didn’t ask me, but I figured where I’m having the same issue after updating I would share my values.

Previously it would definitely only work over 35ish mph so when I was testing tonight I was sure to use dark roads that I could get over 40 mph on. The behavior is very strange, it’s almost like a mix of glare free and standard high beams. I did try the suggestions earlier in this post changing right/left but no luck.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
@ROBB1 I just started looking into it about an hour ago. Looking in the IPMA and SCCM considering those recently got updated.
In the SCCM i see that 724-04-01 xxx4-xxxx-xx-- is AHB_Feature ADB. Is that the correct setting? I see that there is a value there for GFHB but it is 724-04-01 xxx3-xxxx-xx-- is AHB_Feature GFHB
The ADB setting (4) in the SCCM was the same as the canadian vehicles that were factory activated glare free back in the day and was functional. I haven’t tried GFHB there since the update (one of the few things I haven’t played with).

For reference I did check a Canadian truck that the recent updates (vintage that had factory glare free) and it’s still ADB.

The other interesting thing is the update for the Canadian truck sets 706-34-01 to xx55-4 which is AHB, however that doesn’t seem to matter in operation. It just needs to be something that equates to “ON”. Toggling the APIM toggles for GFHB in every profile and guest accomplishes the same thing for trucks that are set to 0 by the update. Forscan is quicker and easier obviously
Sponsored

Last edited: