First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Excursion & Expedition 14 CMax 22 PB Lariat
Occupation
Retired
What shell do you have? Any pics of the interior / your setup?
I bought the Leer 100XR (painted by Leer to match the truck) with the following options:
Thule roof rack
Pet screens ( ordered the XR because of the larger window openings for the dogs. The XL is a better more modern window design if you don’t have pets)
Fold down front window (for cleaning)
Carpet headliner
Interior LED light
Keyless entry ( locks and unlocks with truck fob)
Hybrid wire harness ( necessary for the Powerboost)

Very happy to have a large secure and clean bed area. I installed a bed rug with tailgate cover, and thru down some carpet that I can easily remove and vacuum off the dog hair.

Can‘t get a picture today wife has the truck in Palm Springs.
Sponsored

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
The wife and I just completed a 3436 mile round trip from Huntington Beach CA to Glacier NP.
Very happy with the trucks comfort and performance. Our overall hand calculated MPG was 20.46 (truck display 21.1) this is a 22 157” 501a Powerboost with tow mirrors and a shell. Lots of 80+ MPH highways and mountain driving.

Pros:
We made it safely
The truck gave us zero problems
All the scenery was fantastic
The smooth ride, interior comfort and the quiet interior
We had plenty of power for passing and the mountains
The Adaptive cruse control and the lane centering are luxuries compared to our older vehicles
Happy with the fuel economy considering the speeds, weight, mountains, etc
The interior and secure bed space with the shell
Power fold mirrors are mandatory for tight mountain driving

Cons:
Overly complicated HVAC controls and adjustments
Slept in the shell one night and the 7.2 inverter/ battery started every 40 minutes to control my CPAP. I was expecting to run the machine all night on the battery. We couldn’t sleep over the muffler noise and I’ll have to figure out a better solution
I have to install a handle on the interior shell hatch for easier closing and figure out how to close the tailgate when I’m in the shell
How to get my wife to take less stuff!

Overall we had a wonderful trip. We took many side trips in Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana. Glacier NP
IMG_0609.jpeg
IMG_0632.jpeg
44CE3816-B46F-4675-BFF0-586F6D02D38D.jpeg
hiking and scenery are spectacular , and the road to the sun is a must drive.

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg
Y

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

Thanks for the write-up. I just bought a 12v power supply and and 120v power supply powered by Ryobi batteries, and the reviewers were all using them for powering CPAP machines. The 12v supply provided about 18% more runtime (as theoretically expected), and (to save you the googling) Ryobi appears to be the only tool brand that makes a 12volt supply (there are etsy builds for other tool batteries).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...h-12-Volt-Outlet-Tool-Only-RYi12VBG/323299281

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1...Battery-with-2-0-Ah-Battery-RYi150C/321921221

OP
OP
Fat Vinnie

Fat Vinnie

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Excursion & Expedition 14 CMax 22 PB Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the write-up. I just bought a 12v power supply and and 120v power supply powered by Ryobi batteries, and the reviewers were all using them for powering CPAP machines. The 12v supply provided about 18% more runtime (as theoretically expected), and (to save you the googling) Ryobi appears to be the only tool brand that makes a 12volt supply (there are etsy builds for other tool batteries).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...h-12-Volt-Outlet-Tool-Only-RYi12VBG/323299281

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1...Battery-with-2-0-Ah-Battery-RYi150C/321921221
Great, thanks for the research. I’ll check them out at HD

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Directing the airflow and wanting to just have outside air not heated or cooled. Seems like I have to take my eyes off of the road too much to make adjustments. I’m old and used to the three dial system.
I also find the HVAC controls hard to use without taking my eyes off. Unless there’s a trick I haven’t found yet, selecting the air direction (windscreen, upper, legs) is all on the touch screen and I wish it was just buttons instead. I’m used to it now but still takes a second glance.

Cool trip ! I was up at Whitefish late winter, beautiful town and beautiful area! (and coming from Vancouver Island: cheap gas and large parking spots, haha!)

Melipron

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Website
melipron.com
Vehicles
F150
The wife and I just completed a 3436 mile round trip from Huntington Beach CA to Glacier NP.
Very happy with the trucks comfort and performance. Our overall hand calculated MPG was 20.46 (truck display 21.1) this is a 22 157” 501a Powerboost with tow mirrors and a shell. Lots of 80+ MPH highways and mountain driving.

Pros:
We made it safely
The truck gave us zero problems
All the scenery was fantastic
The smooth ride, interior comfort and the quiet interior
We had plenty of power for passing and the mountains
The Adaptive cruse control and the lane centering are luxuries compared to our older vehicles
Happy with the fuel economy considering the speeds, weight, mountains, etc
The interior and secure bed space with the shell
Power fold mirrors are mandatory for tight mountain driving

Cons:
Overly complicated HVAC controls and adjustments
Slept in the shell one night and the 7.2 inverter/ battery started every 40 minutes to control my CPAP. I was expecting to run the machine all night on the battery. We couldn’t sleep over the muffler noise and I’ll have to figure out a better solution
I have to install a handle on the interior shell hatch for easier closing and figure out how to close the tailgate when I’m in the shell
How to get my wife to take less stuff!

Overall we had a wonderful trip. We took many side trips in Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana. Glacier NP
IMG_0609.jpeg
IMG_0632.jpeg
44CE3816-B46F-4675-BFF0-586F6D02D38D.jpeg
hiking and scenery are spectacular , and the road to the sun is a must drive.

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg
Y

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

Your travel photos are seriously amazing! I'm planning a camping trip and thinking of organizing a spontaneous photo contest. Everyone can vote for their favorite pictures, and the top ones will get some cool prizes sponsored by MELIRPON. What do you think about that?
Sponsored