First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
The family took a trip to the Western shore of Lake Michigan this past week. We rented a house close to the shore to have access to the beach as both the dogs love the water. We did a similar trip last year with our 6 month old lab Oakley in my wife’s Audi Q7- and that went pretty well. So this year we decided to up our game and take the 2nd dog (adopted rescue) Maverick along as well.

There’s no way this would have been possible in the Q7- but the massive rear seat and two relatively small teenage girls (who were totally on board with sharing their space with two dogs) made it possible. Still wasn’t sure how things would shake out as we had a 9 hour drive each way, not including the trips up and down the peninsula in Door county.

Happy to report the trip was awesome, and the truck was fantastic; still can’t believe how much gear (including two dog cages) we were able to stuff in the bed under the cover. I’ve been all over the country in my 53 years on dozens of vacations, and this was by far the best and most comfortable driving experience I’ve ever had. In over 30 hours in the car we averaged 21.1 mpg over that 1500 miles. Got 23-24 in town, but definitely paid a price for driving 75-80 most of the way on the highway to and from- along with some brutal winds on the way home that had us averaging <18 mpg.

Anyway, just wanted to check in to say that the stories I read about the F150 being a fantastic cruiser were not an exaggeration. Adaptive cruise with lane centering was definitely a game changer (no blue cruise). I can honestly say the system never floundered, not even once- still really astounded by that.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!:

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4446

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_6681

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_0262

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4511

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4461

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_0504

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_0215

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4499

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4594

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4459

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4114

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_4113

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_0233

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_3961

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_3957
Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Man that is awesome! Nice to see you including your fury kids too! Looks like quite a day at the lake! Our trucks are fantastic on road trips. My dogs go everywhere with me. The flat under rear seat area with some towels is perfect for them to lounge and the window height is just right for their head and noses to catch a scent (labs).

For me, that flat floor is what closed the deal for me and my pups back in 2015.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
This is what life is all about. Looks absolutely like a fantastic time. My wife’s parents live in Traverse city so we visit Michigan a couple times a year. Thank you for sharing your trip and pictures. And thanks for not being a weirdo and blurring out the dogs wewe. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yep the pup pics tell the true story🤗🤗
LOTS OF FUN
sleeping upside down in truck, yep they were chilling
thanks for sharing (y)

OP
OP
nomarhits400

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
yep the pup pics tell the true story🤗🤗
LOTS OF FUN
sleeping upside down in truck, yep they were chilling
thanks for sharing (y)
Yeah, Maverick (pit/lab mix) spent half the trip on the floor passed out like that. The other half it seemed he had his head out the back window.

He’d never been to a body of water before- wasn’t sure how he’d take to it. He spent most of the time tormenting our fox red lab (who absolutely knows no fear when it comes to water). She loves to chase and catch frisbees. Maverick would just stalk her into the surf and steal them from her rather than get one for himself. Also added obligatory picture of truck!:

Ford F-150 First road trip in ‘23 Powerboost: Two dogs, 2 kids and 1506 miles of driving = Awesome trip! IMG_3969

TXBugoutFord

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum PB FX4
Awesome man! Fantastic pics!!!

I am about to the take the family on a 2 week road trip through Colorado (total trip about 1500 miles) and cannot wait!

The best part is I REALLY wanted to get a secure topper and a travel fridge/freezer for camping and beach life, but KNEW my wife would make me wait due to the cost. After I mentioned these options for our Colorado trip she was like "Well, that sounds great! We won't have to eat out as much and I can pack more stuff securely!" Woo Hoo!!! Getting those extras early!

Sponsored

OP
OP
nomarhits400

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Awesome man! Fantastic pics!!!

I am about to the take the family on a 2 week road trip through Colorado (total trip about 1500 miles) and cannot wait!

The best part is I REALLY wanted to get a secure topper and a travel fridge/freezer for camping and beach life, but KNEW my wife would make me wait due to the cost. After I mentioned these options for our Colorado trip she was like "Well, that sounds great! We won't have to eat out as much and I can pack more stuff securely!" Woo Hoo!!! Getting those extras early!
Lol. Win-Win. We had a similar discussion over the tonneau cover; probably wouldn’t have gotten the green light on that purchase but for this trip.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
So pleased to have another convert to Adaptive Cruise.

My first experiecnce with Adaptive Cruise was a decade ago, in a rented Volvo in England. I was hooked. So when I got a chance to replace my car, it was a key feature. Would never be without it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The family took a trip to the Western shore of Lake Michigan this past week. We rented a house close to the shore to have access to the beach as both the dogs love the water. We did a similar trip last year with our 6 month old lab Oakley in my wife’s Audi Q7- and that went pretty well. So this year we decided to up our game and take the 2nd dog (adopted rescue) Maverick along as well.

There’s no way this would have been possible in the Q7- but the massive rear seat and two relatively small teenage girls (who were totally on board with sharing their space with two dogs) made it possible. Still wasn’t sure how things would shake out as we had a 9 hour drive each way, not including the trips up and down the peninsula in Door county.

Happy to report the trip was awesome, and the truck was fantastic; still can’t believe how much gear (including two dog cages) we were able to stuff in the bed under the cover. I’ve been all over the country in my 53 years on dozens of vacations, and this was by far the best and most comfortable driving experience I’ve ever had. In over 30 hours in the car we averaged 21.1 mpg over that 1500 miles. Got 23-24 in town, but definitely paid a price for driving 75-80 most of the way on the highway to and from- along with some brutal winds on the way home that had us averaging <18 mpg.

Anyway, just wanted to check in to say that the stories I read about the F150 being a fantastic cruiser were not an exaggeration. Adaptive cruise with lane centering was definitely a game changer (no blue cruise). I can honestly say the system never floundered, not even once- still really astounded by that.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!:

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4114.jpeg

IMG_4113.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg

IMG_3961.jpeg

IMG_3957.jpeg
That sounds like so much fun, David! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics!

EdwardMatthew

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Wow! Pictures are amazing looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures :)(y)
Sponsored