Sponsored

FORScan to change cruise control to always on by default?

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I'm asking if cruise control can be changed to default to always on rather than always off. I'm looking at the Instrumental Panel Cluster module, address 720-02-02. My mask is xxxx-xxCx.

C means: Remote Start - Rear Defrost (RSRD) is enabled • Remote Start - Steering Wheel (RSSW) is enabled • Cruise Control Switch (CCS) is disabled • Not In Park (NIP) is disabled.

Changing C to E would change the Cruise Control Switch (CCS) from disabled to enabled.

Does anyone know if this change does what it sounds like; upon engine start up the cruise control is turned on? I don't have a truck yet to find out for myself. Thank you.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
You push one button on the steering wheel to engage/turn on cruise when you want to use it.
It's not something that I would want on out of the gate since I have to get our of my neighborhood.

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually it is two presses. Turning on cruise control doesn't set or activate cruise control. I'm not scared to turn on cruise control in your neighborhood. I'm not surprised I need to defend asking this question. It's a convenience thing. We'd all be inconvenienced if our radio was always off by default, or that our wipers were on by default, or if the flashers were flashing by default. But hey, its only one press to turn these things off/on. What's the big deal? I'm seeking help, not a debate. Safety Sallies can move along.

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Changing C to E would change the Cruise Control Switch (CCS) from disabled to enabled.

Does anyone know if this change does what it sounds like; upon engine start up the cruise control is turned on? I don't have a truck yet to find out for myself. Thank you.
To the IPC this setting is "this truck has cruise control equipped." Has nothing to do with activation. I imagine if this setting did exist (maybe something like the LastKnown setting for the headlights), it's probably in the CCM or SCCM.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Actually it is two presses. Turning on cruise control doesn't set or activate cruise control. I'm not scared to turn on cruise control in your neighborhood. I'm not surprised I need to defend asking this question. It's a convenience thing. We'd all be inconvenienced if our radio was always off by default, or that our wipers were on by default, or if the flashers were flashing by default. But hey, its only one press to turn these things off/on. What's the big deal? I'm seeking help, not a debate. Safety Sallies can move along.
One press on mine. I always thought it was a nice feature. Turning “on” cruise the first time also sets it. Never more than one press

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
It’s one press to turn it on on my 22 PB Platinum.

I don’t understand would having it on by default even look like. It disengages when you press the brake, and you have to press the brake to get out of park.

• Haha
Reactions: sbi
OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I stand corrected. Cruise control will turn on and set the speed with a single press. If the speed is below 15 mph, or other conditions are not correct for cruise control activation, the system will instead enter standby mode.

So.... what I should have asked is if I could set the cruise control to standby mode? It's pointless though. Whether cruise control defaults to standby or not, it still requires a single press to set the speed if you're moving 15 mph or faster. I was thinking the newer trucks were like the older trucks; activation and setting is two operations. It isn't so nevermind.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Nope, not like the older trucks, just one press off one button. Nice and easy.

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 King Ranch Powerboost (on order)
If the speed is below 15 mph, or other conditions are not correct for cruise control activation, the system will instead enter standby mode.
This confused the heck out of me when I took mine home the first time. I felt like it was just working whenever it felt like it.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
FWIW, Just one press to activate CC on my 21 PB.
My 2022 XLT does activate CC when turned on also.
I agree it would like it if it to stayed on for subsequent starts. Like Honda and Toyota and others, CC stays on for every restart after initialization, until turned off.
Sponsored

Last edited: