Fordpass Won't Phone Home - modem seems to have stopped

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Brought my 2023 XLT 302A Sport 7.2Kw home last night! Having a blast playing with everything and there is a lot to play with!!

I did create and/or discover an issue that has now been escalated to Ford engineers to solve.

While at dealer, we activated FordPass no problem on my iPhone 12. Worked great last night playing with start/stop, locks, lights, etc. This AM I connected the truck to my home Wifi, enabled Wifi Hotspot and initiated Ford Streaming with Alexa and my Amazon Prime account.

Shortly thereafter I noticed my FordPass App stopped communicating with the truck. Then, Alexa complained that she could not connect ( even though the Wifi hotspot was/is working fine. Good ATT coverage here so that is not an issue.

Tech had me reset and remove/re-add vehicle to FordPass app. No love. It will not activate. Settings:Connectivity Settings returns error something like "Cannot view connectivity settings at this time. Try again later." Short of doing a full factory reset, can't think of what else to try. I am told an engineer will get back to me in a day or two.

Anybody else had a similar issue? Thanks!
This issue is common. It is usually an issue with the TCU getting out of sync with the GWM. A quick and instant way to resolve it is to connect a laptop and use Forscan to reset the TCU. Power the truck off then back on and presto, works again. It's a known issue at Ford.

You will also notice this icon missing when the issue is present...
Ford F-150 Fordpass Won't Phone Home - modem seems to have stopped 20230226_185919
Sponsored

dogboye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have a 2022 Powerboost F150 Lariat and I am having same issues. My truck lost connection in November 2022. FordPass is dead. I disconnected the TCU for 24hrs and pulled fuse #32. Still not working. Any other recommendations? Also is this issue popping up since I decided not to pay for Ford Cell coverage? I didn't see the point since I can use my phone as a hotspot.
I BELIEVE dropping the Ford Connect services will end up showing the same way. We debated dropping the coverage. But for us, for what it offers, it was worth it.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Seems my TCU is giving me problems now. It started with Fordpass not updating. I thought the issue was FordPass so tried removing and re-adding but it can never register.

I've tried unplugging the TCU as above instructions for 2 separate times overnight but it's still not responding, guess I'll have to go to the dealer.

PS: I also thought I read somewhere (fb maybe) that the '23 trucks were having problems with this, does anyone know any more?

dogboye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
PS: I also thought I read somewhere (fb maybe) that the '23 trucks were having problems with this, does anyone know any more?
The F150 that I talk about earlier in this thread is a 2023 model. But like I said, rebooting the TCU seems to have worked. It has been 2-3 weeks now, and it's still working fine.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
I thought I would report back, I did a 4th attempt at unplugging overnight and this time it worked so my truck is now back on the air. This time I unplugged all 3 cables, don't think that had anything to do with it but maybe... my suspicion is more that Ford changed something on the cloud side. Whatever it was, glad to have FordPass back.

Sponsored

WolF150

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
My TCU light is Green but nothing works, do I have a setting wrong or something?

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost
I'm in the same boat with my MY23 - failed to communicate that 4.2.1 was successful and dropped all connected services. Tried to delete the truck and the re-add it to FP and it's sitting at waiting for activiation. It was at the dealer all week and they basically said good freaking luck, maybe wait for an update. I'll try this tonight.

@Jesse-Infotainment should I cancel my pending activation by resetting FordPass in the truck before I do this or does it matter
?

Update - I left the TCU unplugged overnight and no dice this morning when I plugged it all back in and went for breakfast. I'll give it some time today and might try to pull fuse #32. I assume that process is done with the truck off.

Update 2 - I pulled fuse 32 and put it back and and like magic everything works again. Also, pay more attention than I did when I pulled the body control 20 amp fuse on accident. The truck did not like that at all and threw every code under the sun. It's all good now though.

Last edited:

Sterling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2023 Lariat 2.7
Hello, new forum member & first post.

I was able to temporarily resolve this issue on my 2023 F150 Lariat 2.7 by following advice from this thread.

I used a current version of ForScan Lite (Android) with OBDLink MX+ connected by Bluetooth to my Samsung S21 5G.

On my first attempt I selected to reboot the TCU, but that did not resolve the issue.

As a second attempt I rebooted the gateway and then rebooted the TCU.

This was successful. The truck modem connected and FordPass on my phone worked again.

Ford F-150 Fordpass Won't Phone Home - modem seems to have stopped 1000005115
Sponsored