Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm getting the same error. I'm not as tech savvy as either of you but I'm not a tech idiot either.
Glad I am not the only one. I can't seem to figure out what possibly is causing this.
Sponsored

smarty39

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue Lariat Sport
I’ll say it again, amazing work! And thank you for the metric/psi option ?

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
Glad I am not the only one. I can't seem to figure out what possibly is causing this.
I too wonder what's different about us. The two possible scenarios that I have made up in my own head are.
1 Mine was built last month and delivered 10 days ago so maybe a new build software difference or Ford database issue. Is your truck a recent delivery?
2. I use complicated passwords and since your techy, I assume you do as well. Mine is about 30 characters of all varieties and perhaps something in the script doesn't agree with that approach?
Again, just make wild guesses here.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Ford's API responses are odd. I've had it return a percentage for fuel remaining in vehicleData.fuelLevel sometimes, but most of the time I receive a negative number (ex. "fuelLevel": -5.217408). I also usually receive no oil life data (ex. "oilLife": "STATUS_LOW", "oilLifeActual": 0).

Could be a bug on their side, or maybe they return defaults/no data to rate limit too many calls to the API. That negative number might be the number of gallons used, since it roughly correlates to range remaining. I'll have to drive around a bit to see if that number changes.

It's pretty neat Ford is doing this telemetry from the trucks at all.

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I too wonder what's different about us. The two possible scenarios that I have made up in my own head are.
1 Mine was built last month and delivered 10 days ago so maybe a new build software difference or Ford database issue. Is your truck a recent delivery?
2. I use complicated passwords and since your techy, I assume you do as well. Mine is about 30 characters of all varieties and perhaps something in the script doesn't agree with that approach?
It's tough to see what's going wrong for you guys based on the screenshots. Try this:
1. make sure you're using @tonesto7 's latest version, 1.1.1
2. on line 1590, put this:
console.log('statusData=' + statusData);
3. while you're on the Scriptable screen where you pasted in the code, in the lower right, touch the run symbol (triangle)
4. then touch the number in the box just to the left of the run symbol to show the console output. (should be a number between 1 and 5, with a box around it)

That error you're seeing means whatever Ford sent back to you is something other than your truck's status data. Share what you find here. It could be a failure to use your login info, but it might also be something like your account is locked.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's tough to see what's going wrong for you guys based on the screenshots. Try this:
1. make sure you're using @tonesto7 's latest version, 1.1.1
2. on line 1590, put this:
console.log('statusData=' + statusData);
3. while you're on the Scriptable screen where you pasted in the code, in the lower right, touch the run symbol (triangle)
4. then touch the number in the box just to the left of the run symbol to show the console output. (should be a number between 1 and 5, with a box around it)

That error you're seeing means whatever Ford sent back to you is something other than your truck's status data. Share what you find here. It could be a failure to use your login info, but it might also be something like your account is locked.
same result with no more usable data available in the response. See 1590 where I spliced your code

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) B4095482-26FF-4763-B43B-481FD31CB7A4

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, my password has symbols, numbers, upper and lower case. My email has a dot in it as well, unsure if that would cause any problems but wherever its splicing in our login info should be within marks (' ') therefore it wouldn't mess with the code. My window sticker is dated 10/12/21

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm, interesting. It looks like the issue for you is coming from line 1253. Try replacing line 1253 with this and see what the console says:
let data = await request.loadString();
console.log('data=' + data);

The rest of the script will blow up, but you should get some good console info. Undo the changes after you see what's in the console.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I was getting a bunch of emails from IBM saying that my login was locked, so I ended up just resetting my Fordpass password even though I was able to use the existing one to login to everything else. After the password reset and doing the true/false keychain reset, it finally works. Now I have a -6% fuel gauge, however the range estimate is accurate. Tire pressures don't show up but I have them turned off in Forscan so no worries there.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I was getting a bunch of emails from IBM saying that my login was locked, so I ended up just resetting my Fordpass password even though I was able to use the existing one to login to everything else. After the password reset and doing the true/false keychain reset, it finally works. Now I have a -6% fuel gauge, however the range estimate is accurate. Tire pressures don't show up but I have them turned off in Forscan so no worries there.
The '-6%' fuel gauge is normal... it will probably fix itself next time you drive the truck.

Just curious... why did you turn off TPS in Forscan?

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
The '-6%' fuel gauge is normal... it will probably fix itself next time you drive the truck.

Just curious... why did you turn off TPS in Forscan?
Winter tires, I had them on a different set of wheels and was too cheap to buy another set of sensors. If it was just a light I could've probably lived with it, but I was getting the popups and an alert on my gauge cluster so I turned the feature off. I'll turn TPMS back on in the spring at tire swap.

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Thanks! Mine works but the Scriptable widget doesn’t show up as an option when I go to add it to my Home Screen. Weird…

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
This newest version does fix my Tire pressure--now show all 4! Still all 4 of my windows show Red X ---weird!

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm, interesting. It looks like the issue for you is coming from line 1253. Try replacing line 1253 with this and see what the console says:
let data = await request.loadString();
console.log('data=' + data);

The rest of the script will blow up, but you should get some good console info. Undo the changes after you see what's in the console.
Still same result, am I pasting in the code as you wish? Unsure if I can put two semicolon'd items into the same line? Or do you want console.log('data=' + data); on line 1254?

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_0214
Sponsored