Sponsored

Ford with the tricks

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
I guess they could send a weekly email saying your still not getting your truck. Supply chain issues are real. Car manufactures put so many features and do-dads into these vehicles, which people now expect, without the thought of what if. We have also become a county of immediate gratification. Mix this all together and it creates chaos.
Yes, supply chain issues are real. I am understanding about those. My issue is how poorly Ford is communicating with people who have ordered vehicles. Features are deleted and the price barely changes. Built vehicles can’t be shipped and the revised shipping dates are clearly not realistic.

I had plans to order another Ford. Those plans have changed because I do not feel like Ford or my dealership have been honest during this painful process.
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I may have more sympathy towards Ford than many others—knowing that they sell more than 1 million vehicles per year, I can’t imagine the logistical nightmare of trying individually tailored communications to 1 million customers with daily supply and production changes that apparently often happen with little notice. I’m grateful with the information that I get (even if I get depressed about the weekly delay production emails).

These production issues may have happened in the past, but since I only bought off the lot, they were only an issue for the dealers trying to get new inventory, and I never knew about it.

masterwaiter

First Name
taos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC/CHEV/FORD
They sell 2,400 F-150's a day. That's 100 per hour, 24/7. I mean, how hard could it be to keep each buyer updated on each truck coming off the line every 36 secs?

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
They sell 2,400 F-150's a day. That's 100 per hour, 24/7. I mean, how hard could it be to keep each buyer updated on each truck coming off the line every 36 secs?
Ford only needs to worry about this IF they want to continue selling this many vehicles. Otherwise the situation will will take care of its self. Tick off enough Customers & they will likely go elsewhere.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The other brands have been chasing off customers who have come to Ford for the first time, as well.
The mess is industry wide. Consumers get mad at Verizon and go to AT&T. Consumers get mad at AT&T and move to Verizon.

Customer service is in shambles everywhere. I'm not defending any of them. Just acknowledging consumer frustration isn't isolated to F150 special order customers.

Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Yes, supply chain issues are real. I am understanding about those. My issue is how poorly Ford is communicating with people who have ordered vehicles. Features are deleted and the price barely changes. Built vehicles can’t be shipped and the revised shipping dates are clearly not realistic.

I had plans to order another Ford. Those plans have changed because I do not feel like Ford or my dealership have been honest during this painful process.
AMEN! Focus on the Controllables.
Customer Respect must be stuck somewhere between the supply chain and transport. Maybe it is a function of personality, but I do not understand why people want to give Ford a pass on historically inept communication. This is a result of FAILED ADMINISTRATION. Ford has sequestered anyone that could provide an answer and limited the Marketing Dept response to, That is all the information they give me.

Ford Executives are not doing their jobs. If you get a salary, do your Job or quit. You shouldn't get paid if you are not going to do it.

Leaving customers in the dark is not a way to foster brand loyalty. I'm afraid that Ford has invited customers, who have been loyal for decades, dare I say generations, to purchase other brands.

Yes, there are serious problems with the supply chain. But Ford has ALL the information a customer needs, they have been choosing not to share it. All of this is within their control. It is a reckless choice perpetuated by Executives who lack spine. #FireFarley

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dad drove Ford trucks. I suspect that's why I started with them.
My 2022 KingRanch Powerboost took 6 months to arrive and I think I got 3 emails total. Thank you for your order. MONTHS later, "your build is scheduled". Months later "your truck is shipped"

It arrived. It's an amazing truck. Beyond my expectations. The wait required patience. But the product is what I wanted and nobody else builds it.

I watched this forum the whole time. And the gnashing of teeth was going on the entire time. Meanwhile Ford delivered something like 240,000 F150's and every one of them got snatched up by someone.

Still, it would have been nice I guess to have gotten a couple of more updates. But I don't think it made that much difference in the long run.

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
The other brands have been chasing off customers who have come to Ford for the first time, as well.
The mess is industry wide. Consumers get mad at Verizon and go to AT&T. Consumers get mad at AT&T and move to Verizon.

Customer service is in shambles everywhere. I'm not defending any of them. Just acknowledging consumer frustration isn't isolated to F150 special order customers.
That’s very true. Awful dealership service experiences are what drove me from GM to Ford for this order. Sadly there is no real competitor to a Powerboost truck and that’s why I’m not giving up on my order.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s very true. Awful dealership service experiences are what drove me from GM to Ford for this order. Sadly there is no real competitor to a Powerboost truck and that’s why I’m not giving up on my order.
Hang in there. I can't promise the Ford dealership experience is any better, but the Powerboost is an amazing truck. :)

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I believe you are right. At the same time, after more than 200 Fords, I am going to let somebody else thoroughly tick me off, before I ever buy another one. Of course, at the same time, I am getting old. I may die before I work through the other possible alternatives & ever make it back. Poo on Ford for treating me this way!!!

Sponsored

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
You are absolutely right. We are an instant gratification society...

...Ford emailed me 4/1 & said, “your truck has now been built & is awaiting shipping. This next step should take a few days to a week “. I still don’t have my truck & have never gotten any straight answer from anyone about the delay. I just don’t believe that it is a supply chain issue. Ford could have told me that shipping resources are limited & it is going to be a good while before we can ship your truck. They chose to tell me something else.
Or FORD could start delivering the vehicles themselves. They have years of organizational skill experience. Maybe they can build themselves a fleet of EV transport trucks - put their money where their mouth is. I'm sure the government would happily subsidize the costs of delivering ICE vehicles to hardworking Americans throughout the country.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm sure the government would happily subsidize the costs of delivering ICE vehicles to hardworking Americans throughout the country
Why should my tax dollars be used be used to take jobs away from hard working truck drivers?

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
Why should my tax dollars be used be used to take jobs away from hard working truck drivers?
Shouldn't... but this government would still be happy to spend your hard earned money - and for EV? In a heartbeat! Actually, whole comment was meant sarcastically - except that FORD could consider supplementing transports with organic fleet.

wesb2013

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2014 F150
Unpopular opinion: I'm definitely ok with waiting so long to get a truck built. Even though I can afford a $1000 monthly payment, I'm not looking forward to it.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unpopular opinion: I'm definitely ok with waiting so long to get a truck built. Even though I can afford a $1000 monthly payment, I'm not looking forward to it.
Waiting for a truck to be produced is by no means the hard part. It is trying to be patient when you have been provided with completely false information throughout the process. I was given an initial production date that was moved out numerous times. Ford emailed me after production to say that the truck was built & should ship within a few days to a week, after which the truck sat for 3 more months before it finally shipped. After it finally shipped, I got an email at 1 point, a couple of weeks ago, saying that the truck had been delivered to the dealer, yet it still has not been delivered to the dealer. All of these clearly false expectations were created entirely by Ford giving out erroneous information. But by all means, be prepared to wait & do not expect to see your truck, until you see it.
Sponsored