Sponsored

Ford with the tricks

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Saw an email from Ford with "info about me order". I got excited, but then I opened this...
Ford F-150 Ford with the tricks Screenshot_20220701-154444_Gmail
😫
Sponsored

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
HA!! I just received that email too.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I got that one, too.

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I think they sent a mass email to everyone that doesn’t have a VIN number yet. My guess. A lot of people have got the same email

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think they sent a mass email to everyone that doesn’t have a VIN number yet. My guess. A lot of people have got the same email
Definitely.

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
One update every 45 days is not impressive to me. It’s amazing how poorly all of this is being handled.

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I got that same email. I have a vin and my blend date was 6/24. Dealer told me it was actually built. Called ford and they confirmed built and waiting at railhead to be shipped.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Saw an email from Ford with "info about me order". I got excited, but then I opened this...
Screenshot_20220701-154444_Gmail.jpg
😫
WOW!!! I'm impressed!

After waiting NINE MONTHS for my truck without a PEEP from FoMoCo, maybe they're finally start to realize that my sincere commitment to NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT AGAIN isn't "just a threat".

BTW... every new vehicle I've purchased in the last 30 years was a FORD.

NEVER AGAIN!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ordering and waiting on a new vehicle these days is a very different buying experience than any of us have ever experienced before.

Every brand has these threads.

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ordering and waiting on a new vehicle these days is a very different buying experience than any of us have ever experienced before.

It definitely sucks having to wait and Ford (and the dealer network) could stand to improve their communications, but it is affecting all manufacturing. That being said, you make a very valid point with regards to the difference in purchasing experience.

In my own industry I’ve never seen the issues *I’m currently experiencing and I’ve been at it for over 20 years. However, I prefer to communicate with my clients often AND truthfully, no matter how much the information I have to share sucks.

(edited to provide clarity that my industry is also experiencing similar issues)

Last edited:

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid

You are right. It is now an entirely different experience than most buyers expect. If Ford, or any of the other manufacturers, actually want to have any repeat business, they better change their approach & start communicating consistently & openly with Customers that have been waiting many months for their ordered vehicles!!!

gpbst3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
One update every 45 days is not impressive to me. It’s amazing how poorly all of this is being handled.

I guess they could send a weekly email saying your still not getting your truck. Supply chain issues are real. Car manufactures put so many features and do-dads into these vehicles, which people now expect, without the thought of what if. We have also become a county of immediate gratification. Mix this all together and it creates chaos.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
I guess they could send a weekly email saying your still not getting your truck. Supply chain issues are real. Car manufactures put so many features and do-dads into these vehicles, which people now expect, without the thought of what if. We have also become a county of immediate gratification. Mix this all together and it creates chaos.
You are absolutely right. We are an instant gratification society. We all know that & we all know about the supply chain issues.

With that said, Ford does an awful job communicating with their Customers. It doesn’t have to be this way. What if Ford emailed you after your order was placed & simply said, “Due to supply chain issues, it could be as long as 6 months before we can schedule your build. If circumstances allow us to proceed earlier, we will happily let you know”?

Ford emailed me 4/1 & said, “your truck has now been built & is awaiting shipping. This next step should take a few days to a week “. I still don’t have my truck & have never gotten any straight answer from anyone about the delay. I just don’t believe that it is a supply chain issue. Ford could have told me that shipping resources are limited & it is going to be a good while before we can ship your truck. They chose to tell me something else.
Sponsored