Fold-down shifter issues??

DennisG

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine is now at the dealer getting the shifter replaced. The locking mechanism for shifting to park has been going out and If you weren't careful when shifting from drive to park, you would go past park and into the fold down position. When that happened then it would get locked up in park. A nice gimmick, but give me a regular shifter without the extra moving parts. They should have made the fold down version an option for those that wanted the work surface.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
They really do need to engineer this massive relic from the past out and just go with a push button system (or something similar) for simplicity and space saving sac. Then take the work surface feature and just include it on all F-150's without a front bench seat and let that be a Ford F-150 signature piece.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
They really do need to engineer this massive relic from the past out and just go with a push button system (or something similar) for simplicity and space saving sac. Then take the work surface feature and just include it on all F-150's without a front bench seat and let that be a Ford F-150 signature piece.
yeah, I'd be fine with a column shifter or dial or buttons. No reason to take up space with it in the console when it gets in the way of the work surface and takes away from more cup holders or pockets. I do wish the work surface allowed for cup storage. I find I use it more for food consumption than doing computer or paperwork.

Carbon_21F-150

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Operator
I took ownership of my XLT late January fold it down every time I store it in my garage I only drive it on my days off no issues at all.

Sponsored

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
I took the truck to the dealer today to have the center console shifter motor replaced. They said they replaced the motor but this is the sound before and after. They said they reached out to "Ford" and said this was normal. Anyone else hear this sound when folded down?

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I took the truck to the dealer today to have the center console shifter motor replaced. They said they replaced the motor but this is the sound before and after. They said they reached out to "Ford" and said this was normal. Anyone else hear this sound when folded down?
I don’t have so I don’t know if there’s any sound normally but yours sounds quite bothersome.

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
This and the power up/down tailgate must be the two stupidest and useless inventions in the history of automotive industry. I loved the dial in the RAM. Convenient and doesn’t take up any space. It wold go perfect with the work surface.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
yeah, I'd be fine with a column shifter or dial or buttons. No reason to take up space with it in the console when it gets in the way of the work surface and takes away from more cup holders or pockets. I do wish the work surface allowed for cup storage. I find I use it more for food consumption than doing computer or paperwork.
A dial on the left outter side of the media compartment would have been ideal. Not only would the dial have been a more prominent and logical idea, but would allow the work surface to be opened while driving. If the work surface would not be available for the driver, then at least allow it to be open for the passenger. There are a million and one reasons to have this work area available while on the road that don't intervene with road safety. I'm surprised Ford engineers did not think of this basic idea. If you're implenting a new feature, the idea is to make it as limitless as possible.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
This and the power up/down tailgate must be the two stupidest and useless inventions in the history of automotive industry. I loved the dial in the RAM. Convenient and doesn’t take up any space. It wold go perfect with the work surface.
The automatic tailgate doesn’t even work with several types of tonneaus and yes, that shifter is only good for showing off.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey there! I can look into your F-150's shifter motor noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Hey there! I can look into your F-150's shifter motor noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?
What happened to the vin you were gonna look up for me…over a year ago. You’re probably not even a real person. Just a shitty bot. And if you are a real person, I hope you get hit by a Ford you useless f*ck. Sick of your f*ckin’ shit

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
truthfully i have folded mine down probably less than 5 times
i just dont have the need or the back flip console lid, i have the heavy asssss lid that wont stay open on its own and smacks my hand like a mom smacking a kid grabbing a cookie

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Good lord, no it shouldn’t sound like that!
Sponsored