Folding console shifter issue

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Sporadically I've had issue with putting my shifter from Drive to Park. The shifter goes too far forward(visibly so when it happens) . When I get back in the truck to put it in Reverse, one click down from Park, it is still actually in Park and I have to go down a second notch to get into Reverse. I can't replicate it as it has happened 3x in the last couple weeks so taking it to the dealer would be pointless until I can replicate on command. Anybody experienced this before?
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Sporadically I've had issue with putting my shifter from Drive to Park. The shifter goes too far forward(visibly so when it happens) . When I get back in the truck to put it in Reverse, one click down from Park, it is still actually in Park and I have to go down a second notch to get into Reverse. I can't replicate it as it has happened 3x in the last couple weeks so taking it to the dealer would be pointless until I can replicate on command. Anybody experienced this before?
I've been having same issues with it. It's actually gone for reversing to park while moving while try to park. It's kind of freaky! Ive had some luck this week with folding the shifter in with power fold button and back a few times. It's been working normal this week so far.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I’m having the same problem but (also) cannot reliably reproduce.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Something similar has happened to me a few times now. Seems to happen when I’m shifting quickly when reversing out of the driveway and shift too quickly sometimes without coming to a full stop ?. I’m thinking that the clicks we feel are just a tactile / feel thing that Ford built into it and that it’s a full digital shifter and when it’s shifted too quickly it over reacts and shifts it an extra notch.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Off subject. Sorry....Why do we even have a fancy folding shifter? (We all know its just a big switch)
Wouldn't an out of the way knob serve the purpose with less crap to fail?

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I am part of the group that hate the shifter knobs, at least partially due to no physical indication of what gear you are in.... personally I would have been pissed if Ford had done this to the F150....

Many people that Ford had asked during development had a similar opinion and some models are moving from a knob to a more traditional shifter.

Now why the shifter folds down is a different issue that was done to allow the available of the work surface.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
As noted, the shifter isn’t physically attached to the transmission. The position of the shifter tells the computer what gear to put the truck in to. These issues are concerning, as it appears that the sending unit in the shifter is not properly identifying the gear or is sending false information. I hope it never ‘gets confused’ while barreling down the highway.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
This is why I took the sport package option off of my order. I would bet some serious cash the these fold down shifters are going to be an absolute shit show within a year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped making them

HateFone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
this folding shifter is so unreliable! Its making too much noise amd slipping sometimes. Not to mention the extra space its taking.

we didnt get a knob like the RAM cuz of people who love feeling a hard shifter in their hand.
Sponsored