First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have had my truck into 2 dealers now, they have done all sorts of things but have been unable to rectify the problem. A quick check on recalls now shows this new development however:

Reprogram light emitting diode led and headlamp control modules hcm Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Campaign/NHTSA#
23C36/AWAITING#
Issue Date
2023-11-28
Description

Safety Risk

Remedy

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

I'm going to piss on Ford now so tune out if you're not into that. I've been waiting over a year for a fix. The whole reason I went with a truck was to pull travel trailer. But it's too limiting to do the extensive trips I had anticipated unable to tow at night safely because of this. I risk a traffic ticket, road rage, and accidents. My trailer sits unused depreciating, the truck was losing a grand per month in value last time I checked. So I'm bailing, going to get out now, but it's going to cost me 10's of thousands and countless hours of research and consternation. FUF.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I have had my truck into 2 dealers now, they have done all sorts of things but have been unable to rectify the problem. A quick check on recalls now shows this new development however:

Reprogram light emitting diode led and headlamp control modules hcm Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Campaign/NHTSA#
23C36/AWAITING#
Issue Date
2023-11-28
Description

Safety Risk

Remedy

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

I'm going to piss on Ford now so tune out if you're not into that. I've been waiting over a year for a fix. The whole reason I went with a truck was to pull travel trailer. But it's too limiting to do the extensive trips I had anticipated unable to tow at night safely because of this. I risk a traffic ticket, road rage, and accidents. My trailer sits unused depreciating, the truck was losing a grand per month in value last time I checked. So I'm bailing, going to get out now, but it's going to cost me 10's of thousands and countless hours of research and consternation. FUF.
Where did you find that information?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Interesting, doesn't show up for my VIN but does show up for yours.

I have noticed mine stopped doing the startup "dance" but haven't looked into it further yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
I still have not gone back to Ford for my blinding lights while towing. I won‘t tow my setup until spring next year, but hopefully will get the truck in over the holidays.

I do not have that recall mentioned above under my VIN# either. Although I do have this new tailgate step handle customer service action listed now that I’ll have to look into.

BAP84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor 801A
Occupation
Aviator
It would be interesting to know how widespread this issue is. No recall showing for mine either at this point. I feel it would be odd if it were just a few trucks here and there and it’s probably more likely to be a large percentage of the fleet equipped like those of us talking about it here, but a small percentage of people are actually noticing the issue and those that are seem to be having mixed luck getting a service center to believe or understand the actual issue and from there I’m guessing it’s even a smaller percentage of service centers willing to escalate the issue with Ford. Really unfortunate as an issue such as this really makes these trucks less than ideal and arguably unsafe to drive at night with your favorite sack lunch in the bed of the thing…

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I see this recall in the ford pass app for my truck.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Sold my truck because of this. FUF. Good luck to those of you hanging in there.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Sold my truck because of this. FUF. Good luck to those of you hanging in there.
Bummer. A simple phillips screwdriver to manually adjust the lights down is a temp fix. But totally understand one should not have to do that on a truck that costs this much. Best of luck with whatever you get next. I don't tow this time of year, so haven't revisited it yet.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Bumping. My 2022 has this problem.

Luckily I have airbags that I can pump up to solve the problem but I don’t always like to run them up as high as when I’m not towing.

My truck does have the headlight recall, but I haven’t done it yet. I thought that was only for the flickering DRL’s which I don’t have.

Has there been anyone with this problem where recall 23C36/23V802 fixed it?
Sponsored