First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Does anyone on this Forum have any experience making a claim with MBI ? I just checked my GEICO policy and to my amazement it was included and is costing me $66 each 6 months .... Do you all suggest to keep it ? Will it cover the expensive computers on my powerboost platinium 2021 ?
as part of your normal vehicle insurance coverage? thats cool.
may i ask what they charge per 6 months
we have farm bureau here and no body even comes close to their rates. but i look each renewal just to make sure and give my agent a hard time
438 is mine just for the 150, per 6 month policy term. i also carry 2 other vehicles and a house policy and have no driving record issues or wrecks and exc credit/. plus we get the less than 10k miles per year rate. i wish it was 8k a year but they only go to 10K as the lowest annual miles driven. plus ours are garaged our under the carport
500 ded and full coverage with 30 day rental, plus extended rental if repairs are delayed.

i like being able to call the agent or main number and a human is there pretty quick
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Been with Farm Bureau forever it seems.
I'm not positive that I couldn't get someone to undercut them just to entice me over, but as you stated, I know the folks and they know me and my polices. And with multiple properties, buildings, vehicles, RV's and trailers,...... It's quite the ensemble of coverages.
They will NOT cover my motorcycles.
Kinda makes them seem smart to me for some reason.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Been with Farm Bureau forever it seems.
I'm not positive that I couldn't get someone to undercut them just to entice me over, but as you stated, I know the folks and they know me and my polices. And with multiple properties, buildings, vehicles, RV's and trailers,...... It's quite the ensemble of coverages.
They will NOT cover my motorcycles.
Kinda makes them seem smart to me for some reason.
we have been with them since 2010
only complaint is .................none
still PEEEEDD OFF rates went up statewide because of wildlife encounters on the roadways. 🤗 🤗 🤗

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
A number of years ago a acquaintance had a 3rd party warranty. They had some problems with the covered vehicle and took it into a shop, who diagnosed 3 issues to be repaired. The 3rd party warranty charged them the deductible x3, once per issue. :mad:

You have to read the fine print!

-Eric

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
as part of your normal vehicle insurance coverage? thats cool.
may i ask what they charge per 6 months
we have farm bureau here and no body even comes close to their rates. but i look each renewal just to make sure and give my agent a hard time
438 is mine just for the 150, per 6 month policy term. i also carry 2 other vehicles and a house policy and have no driving record issues or wrecks and exc credit/. plus we get the less than 10k miles per year rate. i wish it was 8k a year but they only go to 10K as the lowest annual miles driven. plus ours are garaged our under the carport
500 ded and full coverage with 30 day rental, plus extended rental if repairs are delayed.

i like being able to call the agent or main number and a human is there pretty quick
looks like $370 after all discounts

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Ford ESP thoughts.

If you sell your truck before the ESP coverage runs out you can:

A) Get a pro-rated refund for the remaining balance.

B) Use it as a benefit to buyers when selling your truck and transfer the remainder to the new owner.

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
I ended up buying the top ESP from granger. Checked their price with the other dealers that sell the ESP online and they are still the cheapest by $50. I applied my Ford Pass points from my truck purchase which was around $200 off.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Yeah so MBI is $38 every 6 months with a $250 deductible (can't choose any other deductible). This is 7 years, 100k miles.

I got a quote from granger for the top Ford warranty with all the extras (keys, lights, etc), 0 deductible 8 years 100k miles for 2395.

I guess base cost of MBI, it would be way cheaper (would need 31 years for that 38 every 6 months to catch up to the 2395), but that 250 deductible could make it quicker if things started going wrong.

I guess my main concern is coverage. Unsure if MBI is as extensive as Ford warranty
Why not get a quote from Granger with a $200 deductible and a $100 deductible? Would that be a little better comparison?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I think there is an issue with the state of Florida. They cannot sell at discounted rates for anyone living in that state. Some thing Florida does that prevents "outside the state" deals. Search some of the Extended Warranty threads and I believe you find other Floridians complaining about it.
The only way around around that stupid FL law is if you buy your vehicle out of state. For example, if someone from Florida bought a truck from Granger and bought a ESP from Granger at the same time.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience purchasing MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) instead of an ESP. Geico advertises that their MBI coverage is just like an ESP except cheaper overall. Anyone experience this and recommend it over an ESP?
I purchaed it without even know I did. cost is $65 per 6 months. I think I will keep it but I do wonder if it covers all the 18 different computer modules on my F150 platinium ? Does anyone have any claim history on MBI yet ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I purchaed it without even know I did. cost is $65 per 6 months. I think I will keep it but I do wonder if it covers all the 18 different computer modules on my F150 platinium ? Does anyone have any claim history on MBI yet ?
I have the fine print from my policy docs. Let me paste it in a minute

Mechanical Breakdown Protection
We will pay for loss caused other than by collision or under the comprehensive coverage due to the mechanical breakdown of the owned auto. Losses from mechanical breakdown shall not be accumulated to reach the deductible.
Definitions
For the purposes of this endorsement, the following special definitions apply with respect to mechanical breakdown protection only:
Loss means all risk of physical damage to the owned auto or its equipment.
Owned auto means any vehicle described in the policy Declarations for which a specific premium charge indicates there is coverage for mechanical breakdown. Owned auto does not include:
a) a newly acquired vehicle; or
b) a replacement vehicle; or
c) a temporary substitute auto.
Exclusions
For the purposes of this endorsement only, with respect to mechanical breakdown protection, the following exclusion is deleted.
There is no coverage for damages caused by and limited to wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure, unless that damage results from a covered theft.
The following exclusions are added:
A. Oxidation and rust damage are not covered.
B. Damage caused intentionally by you or any other person using an owned auto with your permission is not covered.
C. Loss due to misuse, alteration, or lack of proper maintenance is not covered. Proper maintenance is the
recommended vehicle maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual provided by the manufacturer.
D. Tire wear or other tire damage is not covered.
E. Normal wear and tear is not covered.
F. Routine maintenance services and parts are not covered. This includes; but is not limited to:
a) engine tune up;
b) suspension alignment;
c) wheel balancing;
d) filters;
e) lubrication;
f) engine coolant;
g) fluids;
h) spark or glow plugs;
i) brake pads;
j) brake linings; and
k) brake shoes.
G. Any loss to the extent covered by warranty, recall or voluntary repair programs is not covered.
Endorsement Page 10 of 15
H. Any loss to a non-owned auto or to a temporary substitute auto is not covered.
I. Any loss to a newly acquired or replacement auto is not covered.
J. Any pre-existing loss or damage to an Insured auto is not covered
K. Multi-RiSk coverage will terminate ether when the Odometer reading exceeds 100,000 miles or when the age or the
vehicle Is 7 years old, whichever occurs earlier. he 7 year stipulation will only apply to vehicles that are 1996 mode
ear and later.

It copied a little weird but here it is

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the fine print from my policy docs. Let me paste it in a minute

Mechanical Breakdown Protection
We will pay for loss caused other than by collision or under the comprehensive coverage due to the mechanical breakdown of the owned auto. Losses from mechanical breakdown shall not be accumulated to reach the deductible.
Definitions
For the purposes of this endorsement, the following special definitions apply with respect to mechanical breakdown protection only:
Loss means all risk of physical damage to the owned auto or its equipment.
Owned auto means any vehicle described in the policy Declarations for which a specific premium charge indicates there is coverage for mechanical breakdown. Owned auto does not include:
a) a newly acquired vehicle; or
b) a replacement vehicle; or
c) a temporary substitute auto.
Exclusions
For the purposes of this endorsement only, with respect to mechanical breakdown protection, the following exclusion is deleted.
There is no coverage for damages caused by and limited to wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure, unless that damage results from a covered theft.
The following exclusions are added:
A. Oxidation and rust damage are not covered.
B. Damage caused intentionally by you or any other person using an owned auto with your permission is not covered.
C. Loss due to misuse, alteration, or lack of proper maintenance is not covered. Proper maintenance is the
recommended vehicle maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual provided by the manufacturer.
D. Tire wear or other tire damage is not covered.
E. Normal wear and tear is not covered.
F. Routine maintenance services and parts are not covered. This includes; but is not limited to:
a) engine tune up;
b) suspension alignment;
c) wheel balancing;
d) filters;
e) lubrication;
f) engine coolant;
g) fluids;
h) spark or glow plugs;
i) brake pads;
j) brake linings; and
k) brake shoes.
G. Any loss to the extent covered by warranty, recall or voluntary repair programs is not covered.
Endorsement Page 10 of 15
H. Any loss to a non-owned auto or to a temporary substitute auto is not covered.
I. Any loss to a newly acquired or replacement auto is not covered.
J. Any pre-existing loss or damage to an Insured auto is not covered
K. Multi-RiSk coverage will terminate ether when the Odometer reading exceeds 100,000 miles or when the age or the
vehicle Is 7 years old, whichever occurs earlier. he 7 year stipulation will only apply to vehicles that are 1996 mode
ear and later.

It copied a little weird but here it is
thank you ... did you purchase this protection ? so I assume any of the 16 or so computer modules will be convered after my 36000 mile manfacture warranty expries... do you agree ? my main reason for keeping it is peace of mind for some expensive module ford needs to replace .... actaully my F150 is very rouble free after teh spend 20 dasy installing Bluecruise and all the FDRS updates.

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thank you ... did you purchase this protection ? so I assume any of the 16 or so computer modules will be convered after my 36000 mile manfacture warranty expries... do you agree ? my main reason for keeping it is peace of mind for some expensive module ford needs to replace .... actaully my F150 is very rouble free after teh spend 20 dasy installing Bluecruise and all the FDRS updates.
Language is a little weird to follow without the context of the other docs (I am too lazy to read through), but it seems like it would be covered.

Since I bought the ESP though I will likely go ahead and cancel this MBI coverage. I can't see a world where I would need both.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience purchasing MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) instead of an ESP. Geico advertises that their MBI coverage is just like an ESP except cheaper overall. Anyone experience this and recommend it over an ESP?
I have GEICO MBI ... it was added without me knowing when I purchase my 2021 F150 Platinium. I think I will keep it since I have 30k miles now and warranty expires soon

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have GEICO MBI ... it was added without me knowing when I purchase my 2021 F150 Platinium. I think I will keep it since I have 30k miles now and warranty expires soon
I still have both as of now. MBI is costing me about 4 dollars a month so I haven't prioritized cancelling it.
Sponsored