First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I live in Florida and Ziegler quoted me $3,400 for a 5 year/100,000 mile ESP warranty. Am I missing something here?
ESPs for FL have to bought from someone that is licensed to sell them in FL. If I'm not mistaken Zeigler is the only 1 out of Granger, Flood and of course Zeigler to sell them. My understanding is it's not very cost effective for out of state dealers to get a FL licence to sell esps and they tend to cost more than most esps for other states.
Sponsored

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
As far as a third party.. go with the manufacturer. You don't want to wait around to get something approved. And.. I just upgraded my ESP.. using a bunch of points on the Ford Credit card and $93 to get from 75k/6yrs to 100k/7 yrs like a lot of folks do. I also specifically covered the LED lighting with Ziegler.

Why ESP? on my 2016 F150 I had three oil pans replaced. I think they did them... because Ford knew they would be covered anyway for additional years above the 36k/3 yr bumper to bumper.

Good luck

btw.. get a warranty.. These trucks are so expensive.. we need to keep them seven or eight years at least. Trucks.. used to be the cheap car in the garage.. now they are the premium car.. and it is hard to replace every 3 or 4 years.. as pricey as they are now...

Ford F-150 ESP vs MBI IMG_4453.PNG

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I do remember something posted by Granger (?) about Florida specifically.

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah so MBI is $38 every 6 months with a $250 deductible (can't choose any other deductible). This is 7 years, 100k miles.

I got a quote from granger for the top Ford warranty with all the extras (keys, lights, etc), 0 deductible 8 years 100k miles for 2395.

I guess base cost of MBI, it would be way cheaper (would need 31 years for that 38 every 6 months to catch up to the 2395), but that 250 deductible could make it quicker if things started going wrong.

I guess my main concern is coverage. Unsure if MBI is as extensive as Ford warranty
I am pretty sure a $250 is not a good deal.. I did $100. Granted it costs more, but you will be paying everytime quite a fee.... my experience with Fords is at least once a year... so you are going to lay out $1750 right there.

BCM

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired
that seems HIGH imo

you need to call them and have a chat. is yours a powerboost ?
i dont want to waste quote, because i dont know your expected miles per year, 4x4 etc
but i use texas and lowest miles per year of 10k even though we generally go less than 8
100 deduct and included enhance rental, LED and key fob
No, it’s the standard V8 engine. I’ll likely go over on time before mileage.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I live in Florida and Ziegler quoted me $3,400 for a 5 year/100,000 mile ESP warranty. Am I missing something here?
I think there is an issue with the state of Florida. They cannot sell at discounted rates for anyone living in that state. Some thing Florida does that prevents "outside the state" deals. Search some of the Extended Warranty threads and I believe you find other Floridians complaining about it.

BCM

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired
I think there is an issue with the state of Florida. They cannot sell at discounted rates for anyone living in that state. Some thing Florida does that prevents "outside the state" deals. Search some of the Extended Warranty threads and I believe you find other Floridians complaining about it.
I think your right. I’d seen something about that before but thought I’d inquire again being my truck is going to be delivered soon. Thx!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
if true...thats is a whole bunch of DOOOD OOOOODDDDOOOO
i was thinking stay with 100 deductible as its half price of 0 deduct.

each state has its quirks

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I haven't had to use my ESP yet and don't expect to really "use" it until after the factory warranty ends however I have read on other posts every time you take your vehicle in you're going to be charged the deductible even if nothing is found wrong that's why I have the zero deductible.

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Sorry, I might have missed it, but where is the discount for paying cash?
When I bought mine from Zeigler, the discount code "PAYINFULL" took $250 off. That was last fall, so I don't know if it's still valid or not.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Does the Geico MBI require that one also have Geico comprehensive automobile coverage on the vehicle? Personally I would not want my auto 'warranty / ESP' to be tied to my auto insurance policy.

IF I want to change my auto comprehensive insurance source at some point down the road, I don't want to then have to shop for another warranty / ESP (I may have miles on the vehicle by then, e.g. over 36k miles, which may make securing that coverage difficult if not impossible; note Geico's own maximum mileage to get MBI, per the Geico FAQ ya gotta start it with 15k miles or less).

I find great value in having my ESP administered through systems that are closely integrated with Ford Dealerships. The Dealer is completely familiar with administrative processes and approvals required, they have direct online systems to manage all of it expeditiously, they know they will get reimbursement from Ford Credit Corp. who issues the ESP, there's rarely if ever any arguments / delays relating to reimbursement rate discussions, I don't have to personally deal with ANY contact to the surety (e.g. Geico) to initiate a claim, seek pre-approval, file a claim or deal with out-of-pocket dollars pending reimbursement to me; with a Ford ESP it's all a very 'seamless' and largely 'invisible' process for me as the vehicle owner.

IME even in the best of circumstances a warranty issue / mechanical failure is a stressful situation. The LAST thing I want added to that is even the smallest personal burden associated with a 3rd-party insurance claim process, much less the risk of being 'caught in the middle' if there's any hiccup between the surety or their adjuster and the repair facility as often seems to arise with, for example, accident repair claims.

All of those things I see as a big advantage of a Ford ESP, delivering value to me that I'm willing to pay for up-front. YMMV.

Last edited:

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I was THIS 👉👈 close to an "aftermarket" ESP.

Seriously debating between the "Ford" ESP and the "better deal" on an aftermarket, KNOWING that the Ford Dealerships would treat me different with the aftermarket ESP.

When they hit me at the last minute with the 0% loan that I was SURE I wouldn't qualify for... it was a "no brainer!"

Ford Premium Care ESP added $25.00 a month to my "free loan".

THEN....
my engine took a major and I mean MAJORs hit!

Ford Premium Care ESP to the rescue!

Free loaner (not a "rental") car... no questions asked as long as I needed it... Red Carpet treatment...

5,000 miles after the repair, my truck is 100%!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Thanks for all the input everyone. Sounds like it is well worth it to just go ahead and do the ESP.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I haven't had to use my ESP yet and don't expect to really "use" it until after the factory warranty ends however I have read on other posts every time you take your vehicle in you're going to be charged the deductible even if nothing is found wrong that's why I have the zero deductible.
i have owned ford vehicles since 1988, i have never had a dealer charge a deductible if they cant duplicate the issue. I am not saying some folks might try to claim a fault or broken piece in hopes of some fix to something that is not broken. and i am sure some snaky place has charged a fee
but for me, even with weird issues i have never been hit for a fee if tech cant duplicate the issue.

one other big plus with ford ESP is a loaner car. if you have the 3/36 and thats all. its more challenging to get a loaner of they keep your vehicle overnight
my dealer has given me a driver, while they worked on my car , everytime with NO question. if it stays over.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Yeah so MBI is $38 every 6 months with a $250 deductible (can't choose any other deductible). This is 7 years, 100k miles.

I got a quote from granger for the top Ford warranty with all the extras (keys, lights, etc), 0 deductible 8 years 100k miles for 2395.

I guess base cost of MBI, it would be way cheaper (would need 31 years for that 38 every 6 months to catch up to the 2395), but that 250 deductible could make it quicker if things started going wrong.

I guess my main concern is coverage. Unsure if MBI is as extensive as Ford warranty
Does anyone on this Forum have any experience making a claim with MBI ? I just checked my GEICO policy and to my amazement it was included and is costing me $66 each 6 months .... Do you all suggest to keep it ? Will it cover the expensive computers on my powerboost platinium 2021 ?
Sponsored