Sponsored

windowsmedia10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat 502A PowerBoost
Still looking for a Canadian Mongoose owner willing to loan out their device or help me out in person in the GTA
Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
For those that did the TCU,APIM and GWM updates made available yesterday did your GWM stick in FDRS as a listed update still available or did it go away?

I performed all updates without problems but the GWM still shows. Just want to confirm if others are seeing the same.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
For those that did the TCU,APIM and GWM updates made available yesterday did your GWM stick in FDRS as a listed update still available or did it go away?

I performed all updates without problems but the GWM still shows. Just want to confirm if others are seeing the same.
Im doing the updates now. The TCU went away and the APIM stayed. Doing GWM now i'll let you know

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
TCU completed in about 15 min. APIM updating right now. Glad our non BC trucks are getting some love, but pissed I have to head to the Ford service dept first thing in the AM because my AC died. Las Vegas an no AC is NOT GOOD!

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My GWM failed to configure. Then FDRS crashed so had to restart it. Fortunately, the GWM update process realized that everything installed and restarted the configuration process. Don’t remember this step taking so long. It’s on the third iteration of the progress bar doing the configuration.
Once this completes I’ve got an ABS update and the. I’m done.

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4

Did all three and all three are gone

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
So for m

So the APIM hanging around was another update for my truck. The first version was 419 now Im on 421. After downloading it cleared out. The only things that will not clear is the ABS and the GSM for me anyway. Not sure on other trimmed trucks or for 8" screen trucks

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How long did it take for your GWM configuration step to complete? Mines been running for about 15 min now. I can't cancel it. The only thing I can do is force quite FDRS, but don't want to do that unless someone confirms that this part of the process is supposed to take this long.

Last edited:

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
It takes a while. Are you sure you have a good internet connection? My first try I had a weak signal, and it took forever and failed anyway.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It takes a while. Are you sure you have a good internet connection? My first try I had a weak signal, and it took forever and failed anyway.
yep. Right next to one of my access points. I ended up killing FDRS and restarting. GWM update was gone and I had 2 DTCs to clear but no apparent issues. Hopefully my GWM is actually up to date now.

So I reran the network scan after doing the ABS update and had a bunch of DTCs to clear. I reran the network scan one last time and my BCM came back grey. Reran network scan again and it was green again. Not sure why I had so many DTCs after the ABS update when everything was previously green and then having my BCM go grey. @Jesse-Infotainment, is there any way to verify that my GWM is actually updated and that I didn't hose something by aborting FDRS during the GWM configuration process????

Last edited:

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
So it appears that there was an initial TCU, APIM and GWM update pushed yesterday. Also noticed either yesterday/today after I updated the initial 3 that there was another GWM and another APIM update available.

Yesterdays APIM was to 22087 rev 214. Todays is to 22095 rev 421.

So in total there was 1 TCU, 2 GWM and 2 APIM updates this weekend for Lariat PB Job 1 owners.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So I reran the network scan after doing the ABS update and had a bunch of DTCs to clear. I reran the network scan one last time and my BCM came back grey. Reran network scan again and it was green again. Not sure why I had so many DTCs after the ABS update when everything was previously green and then having my BCM go grey. @Jesse-Infotainment, is there any way to verify that my GWM is actually updated and that I didn't hose something by aborting FDRS during the GWM configuration process????
[/QUOTE]

I can look at the file but if the USB update completes you should be good. I would run a PMI on the gateway. Select no when asked if original module is installed.

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
So it appears that there was an initial TCU, APIM and GWM update pushed yesterday. Also noticed either yesterday/today after I updated the initial 3 that there was another GWM and another APIM update available.

Yesterdays APIM was to 22087 rev 214. Todays is to 22095 rev 421.

So in total there was 1 TCU, 2 GWM and 2 APIM updates this weekend for Lariat PB Job 1 owners.
I was able to get to revision 421 today. Any idea as to what was updated? I haven't been able to determine any changes yet.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
You mean some guy on the internet got you fixed up when the ford engineers couldn’t. Do tell. Not sure what number that is for the guy on the internet that dealers say you can’t listen to.
but your not just some random guy on the internet. Your a very helpful person that I appreciate taking time to help me when the supposed experts at ford couldn’t. If you ever end up near me lunch is on me.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I was able to get to revision 421 today. Any idea as to what was updated? I haven't been able to determine any changes yet.
I have not seen anything obvious going through all the menus and options. I only have car play and don’t see anything changed, I can’t comment on android auto.
Sponsored