First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Made it a couple of weeks with a fully updated fully functional Job1 Platinum Powerboost. And it's been such a pleasure to drive too!

Was sitting at the computer handling some emails and out of curiosity logged into FDRS.

A fresh Driver's Front Seat module update available. I don't even know if I want to go through the effort. Lol
Funny how time has changed once the mountain has been climbed once.

Now if it was the PCM or APIM I'd probably go straight to the barn and plug in. :)
I did the seat today. Painless. About 5 mins. Have no idea what it did. Can’t tell if anything.
Sponsored

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
I did the seat today. Painless. About 5 mins. Have no idea what it did. Can’t tell if anything.
Did the same, went to go see if I had a trailer brake update due to the recall and found the driver seat module appear. Did that and all is the same, now if I could just find the trailer brake update...

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I have the same problems: kick switch and approach. I actual prefer for the lights to come on as I approach.. but the boards stay folded until I open the door. If I am working in the vicinity of my truck the stupid boards used to flop out every time I passed by.

But I do use the kick switch and would like to re-enable that.
Got it figured out. There was a DSM SW update today so I did that and it fixed everything. So with the DSM update it put the boards back to factory original settings but instead of the annoying locking the truck from the door outside button the steps going up and not even 2 seconds later they come back down, it appears Ford fixed the bars and they stay up when pressing the outside door button, door outside keypad lock, or fob lock button is pushed and you around the vehicle walking away. This is nice that's finally fixed as that was annoying.

Now before I did the DSM update I was doing some testing in Forscan and found a great setting with the step bars only coming down when the door was opened but as you approach they stay up and your approach lighting still works (as long as you don't have Lincoln AutoFold Mirrors set instead of the original AutoFold Mirrors) as well as the step bar switches will work. This is great when you are walking around your vehicle but tired of the steps going up and down constantly. My settings on the sync screen are Power Running Boards Auto, Timer 5 min, Approach Setting and Lighting set to on. After you have this all set leave it and don't touch. Make the changes below in Forscan then do the module reset and away you go. So the settings I used were the following.

744-23-01 > 0001-0001-00XX
744-23-02 > 0101-0000-XX
or for those with older block setup for that line 744-23-02 > 0101-00XX

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
064C668D-4AF2-4CCB-B396-0AB30F5C8CF8.jpeg

Any ideas on what this means?
got past this, figured out i needed to click the little redownload button in FDRS.
… but then kept getting stopped at this…any ideas? Looks the the APIM. Tried resetting the module a bunch of times already.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS F363FFE5-FBC2-4D39-BA08-25D05192778D

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Has anyone been able to flash the BECM?

Anytime I've tried to flash this it immediately comes back with

Procedure Unsuccessful - GetVechicleNodeInfo.

This thread doesnt have too much on this particuar module compared to all the others.. Should be caught up on everything else!

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's going to be a leap of faith no matter what. I don't see any meaningful way of really protecting yourself if you send yours out. It's an honor system. You could require some kind of deposit, but then the borrower is taking a leap of faith that they will actually receive the Mongoose and their deposit will be returned after they send it back. Only sending to established members of the forum would help somewhat, but obviously no guarantees.

I am definitely interested in doing some kind of loan "program" if anyone is willing. I am new on this forum but am well established on the F150 forum under the same Brad34 name.

Where in MN are you? I'm in the South Metro and have a Mongoose + VCX

Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4

This thread doesnt have too much on this particuar module compared to all the others.. Should be caught up on everything else!
the post just above by: @Ruffiano99 he said "got past this, figured out i needed to click the little redownload button in FDRS."

Ruffiano99 said:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 064c668d-4af2-4ccb-b396-0ab30f5c8cf8-jpe

Any ideas on what this means?
got past this, figured out i needed to click the little redownload button in FDRS.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the post just above by: @Ruffiano99 he said "got past this, figured out i needed to click the little redownload button in FDRS."

got past this, figured out i needed to click the little re download button in FDRS.
It doesn't say the exact module, and I've tried the re download with no success.

The second part says... "Unknown Error".

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
Did the driver side module this morning. This APIM update was available but haven’t started. Maybe later today or this afternoon. I was updated all the way through BC and this is the first day this has popped up.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 0DA94692-43B5-4E6D-BBA7-EBE8575F34F7

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

I was. But I really can’t tell you anything about it. It showed up with other updates and I installed it. It was a non-event.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
@Ruffiano99 , @Shoebox72069

Those odd errors have been fixed in the past by reinstalling FDRS. If you go that route, be sure to release your license before you uninstall so that it is is available again after you get done.
Sponsored