Sponsored

Drivers side window buttons

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
I have a weird issue on my 2022 f150. At times when I remote start, enter the vehicle and press the start button, my drivers side window and mirror buttons won’t light up or work. They won’t work until I press the window lock/unlock button. Then all buttons function properly.

it almost seems like the chip or whatever controls this set of buttons isn’t registering that the truck is in running mode with engine on. No other issues once I press that window lock button. No flickering or anything like it’s a loose fitting. All other window control modules work.

anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

GreginAtlanta

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022
Occupation
Sales
I had the exact same issue today. Haven't figured out how to get it working until reading through the forums. Found another f150 forum where lots of people have had this problem, seems to be tied to remote start.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/lights-drivers-door-switches-533581/
Had this happen twice in the last month. Both times, it was after a Remote Start.

Other users have reported that after hitting one of the mirror buttons, the power windows begin working again.

I love that the big screen, the electronic tailgate, & all the other fancy crap has the attention of Ford Engineers. However, the basic stuff like windows & locks don't seem to work reliably.

GreginAtlanta

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022
Occupation
Sales
Had it happen AGAIN this morning. Pressed one of the side mirror buttons (I didn't look down as I was driving and trying to avoid deer) & the window switches all began working normally.

What is your exact model? Maybe we can pinpoint it to a specific trim. Mins is an XLT, SuperCrew, Bench/Cuddle Seat, V8.

mackinnon654

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 f150 Lariat Supercrew long box
Had it happen AGAIN this morning. Pressed one of the side mirror buttons (I didn't look down as I was driving and trying to avoid deer) & the window switches all began working normally.

What is your exact model? Maybe we can pinpoint it to a specific trim. Mins is an XLT, SuperCrew, Bench/Cuddle Seat, V8.

I've got a 23 Lariat Supercrew 6.5 box with 5.0.

My dealer thinks it's probably an issue with the driver door control module.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I've got a 23 Lariat Supercrew 6.5 box with 5.0.

My dealer thinks it's probably an issue with the driver door control module.
I had that on my 21 XLT in early 2022... updated my DDM and the problem went away.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Yes, all as @Kanuck has just mentioned there are door module updates laying in wait for most of our trucks. Whether or not this is a correction for this specific issue is yet to be determined. These updates can be installed with FDRS. If it is a corrective action it may eventually be sent via. OTA as well.

Greyford

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2022 Platinum and after remote start the driver and passenger windows do not work. I have to fold the mirrors in and out to get the windows to operate again

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
What is a DDM?
Drivers Door Module when you hit the window button, that signal goes to the DDM, it puts the request on a communication network. Gone are the days of wires running everywhere.

Sponsored

GreginAtlanta

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022
Occupation
Sales
Drivers Door Module when you hit the window button, that signal goes to the DDM, it puts the request on a communication network. Gone are the days of wires running everywhere.
10-4. Thank You! I will be asking for this to be replaced at my next oil change (along with a host of other BS). Ticky tack quality with my 2022 F150. Lots of rattles.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
10-4. Thank You! I will be asking for this to be replaced at my next oil change (along with a host of other BS). Ticky tack quality with my 2022 F150. Lots of rattles.
I don't think they will replace it..update it maybe.
Sponsored