First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Instructional Systems
Hey ya'll... would appreciate some help. Bought a new Sport 2WD F150 (Super Crew, 2.7L Eco-boost) three months ago and love it, except for the drivers side front window. It will auto-down just fine, but on a cold morning a few weeks ago it got stuck 1/4 way coming up using auto-up. Sorta freaked me out that a brand new vehicle would have such a serious fault. I had to keep pulling the switch up, release (b/c its just not moving), pull up, release... finally coaxed it into slowly sneaking past a sticking spot... after which it finally regained speed and rolled all the way up. It operated just fine later that day. But it happened again on another cold morning. This definitely seems consistently worse when the temperature is cold. So now the auto-up feature simply doesn't work at all. I called the dealer and they said I need to drop the vehicle for 3 to 5 days before they can even look at it... and no loaner vehicles are available. Anyone else out there experience this sort of trouble with a BRAND SPANKNG NEW F150? Your advisement would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey ya'll... would appreciate some help. Bought a new Sport 2WD F150 (Super Crew, 2.7L Eco-boost) three months ago and love it, except for the drivers side front window. It will auto-down just fine, but on a cold morning a few weeks ago it got stuck 1/4 way coming up using auto-up. Sorta freaked me out that a brand new vehicle would have such a serious fault. I had to keep pulling the switch up, release (b/c its just not moving), pull up, release... finally coaxed it into slowly sneaking past a sticking spot... after which it finally regained speed and rolled all the way up. It operated just fine later that day. But it happened again on another cold morning. This definitely seems consistently worse when the temperature is cold. So now the auto-up feature simply doesn't work at all. I called the dealer and they said I need to drop the vehicle for 3 to 5 days before they can even look at it... and no loaner vehicles are available. Anyone else out there experience this sort of trouble with a BRAND SPANKNG NEW F150? Your advisement would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Veteran
Call your local dealer and they can talk you through the reset over the phone. At least, my dealer did when it happened to me. If I remember correctly, you lower the window down holding down on the button about 3 seconds after it goes to the bottom. Then, do the same raising it (not on auto - hold the button up) and hold the button about 3 seconds after reaching the top. Do that sequence 3 times and it will reset itself.

OP
OP

DougMuster

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Instructional Systems
Call your local dealer and they can talk you through the reset over the phone. At least, my dealer did when it happened to me. If I remember correctly, you lower the window down holding down on the button about 3 seconds after it goes to the bottom. Then, do the same raising it (not on auto - hold the button up) and hold the button about 3 seconds after reaching the top. Do that sequence 3 times and it will reset itself.
Thanks Buddy! I followed your instructions on (up+3 and down+3) x 3 and it appears the auto-up feature has been restored. You're a genius!

OP
OP

DougMuster

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Instructional Systems
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
VIN 1FTEW1CP9PKE32121
Stivers Ford of Montgomery, AL

The auto-up feature is working now (thanks thanks to Buddy in this thread), but the window is still still stopping on the way up. Appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Sponsored

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Veteran
Thanks Buddy! I followed your instructions on (up+3 and down+3) x 3 and it appears the auto-up feature has been restored. You're a genius!
Perfect, glad I remembered correctly. I'm not sure why the window does that at times. It did it on my 2018 Platinum as well.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Sponsored