Driver door creak.

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Anyone have issues with the doors, B pillar area squeak and creak? Mine is right in my left ear while driving. Mainly notice it when it’s hot out and the sun is hitting it. Dealer replaced the glossy B pillar piece already thinking it was not secured enough under it but it was. It seems to be the trim piece on the inside of the door that is the issue. Not sure what else to try. Putting a piece of weatherstripping or felt won’t do much. It’s only the drivers door that makes noise.

Ford F-150 Driver door creak. 069D2E19-AF33-4BE5-A965-FD0B19A326F2

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NateV

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
They replaced the glossy b pillar part and it still creaked. Then all of a sudden it just stopped on its own last fall and hasn’t done it since. The only creaking I get now is on the interior of the door near the grab handle on hot days when it’s been sitting out.

Hanzes27

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Raptor
Mine is like a tapping/clicking noise by my head when I’m driving. It’s not like a constant tap but it does it enough to drive me crazy.

OP
OP
NateV

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
I still get a slight tap as well in same location, it’s not the b pillar agin, but when I apply more pressure to the door arm test it quits. It’s strange.

Sponsored

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I'm having this same creaking noise on my 2023 over uneven pavement. Doesn't take much. Seems to go away 1) if I crack the window at all 2) if I push on the glass with my elbow and 3) if I pull the door handle toward me (tighten door).

I posted on another similar thread (you can tell I'm still on the hunt for a solution) that I've seen others try some tape on the latch or adjusting the latch inwards so the door closes a bit more snugly.

Got the friction tape test rolling now. Will report back in the event this helps anyone else.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Misophonia.... I have it. I'd have to sell the truck...

WebMD:
Misophonia is a disorder in which certain sounds trigger emotional or physiological responses that some might perceive as unreasonable given the circumstance. Those who have misophonia might describe it as when a sound “drives you crazy.” Their reactions can range from anger and annoyance to panic and the need to flee. The disorder is sometimes called selective sound sensitivity syndrome.

Individuals with misophonia often report they are triggered by oral sounds -- the noise someone makes when they eat, breathe, or even chew. Other adverse sounds include keyboard or finger tapping or the sound of windshield wipers. Sometimes a small repetitive motion is the cause -- someone fidgets, jostles you, or wiggles their foot.

I wish I didnt... but if I goto the movies and there are bombs, and explosions and loud theatrical music.... All I hear is the dude 5 isles back, suckin the bottom of his Coke with a straw....
:(

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm having this same creaking noise on my 2023 over uneven pavement. Doesn't take much. Seems to go away 1) if I crack the window at all 2) if I push on the glass with my elbow and 3) if I pull the door handle toward me (tighten door).

I posted on another similar thread (you can tell I'm still on the hunt for a solution) that I've seen others try some tape on the latch or adjusting the latch inwards so the door closes a bit more snugly.

Got the friction tape test rolling now. Will report back in the event this helps anyone else.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST

Following as my 2022 started this about a month ago. Hopefully we can all find a solution!

Sponsored

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
Mark me down for the interior door handle creak also. I'm going to be installing some tow mirrors soon and replacing the window trim bezel with the one for the telescoping switch. When I pop it off, going to take a good look at the inside near the door handle and see if I can tighten things up or add some felt tape.

Nighsight

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Mark me down for the interior door handle creak also. I'm going to be installing some tow mirrors soon and replacing the window trim bezel with the one for the telescoping switch. When I pop it off, going to take a good look at the inside near the door handle and see if I can tighten things up or add some felt tape.
Let us know if you end up silencing the creak.

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XL STX SuperCrew 4x4 5.0 Avalanche
I have the same thing. If my window is down and the wind is coming from a certain direction, it moves that losses like crazy creating a horrible noise and when I press on it like you do in the video, I have even more give but at the top. It is so annoying.
Sponsored