Sponsored

Door Chime sounds old school

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How many have opened your door and the door chime is a much older variant of ford door chimes; close the door and then reopen it is the modern door chime. Hear the attached video
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This old-school door chime is showing up more and more. Just today it happened three times. Open the door the first time and you get an old-school chime and close the door and reopen the door modern-day chime. The software is degrading.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Door chime did not turn on at all yesterday, not sure what to think of this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Door chime is back to normal. there are two different door chimes one when you open the truck and the ignition is off and a newer chime when you turn on the ignition.

TinPusher

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retires
Does the door chime every time you open the door? I just picked up my 2021 F150 XLT and had not noticed the door chime every time I open the driver's door. Engine off, lights on Auto, fob in my pocket and the door still chimes. I keep looking back to see what I forgot! Is there a way to turn this off??

Harlemox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB Platinum
My truck recently did this.

I noticed it happened when I opened the doors very quickly after unlocking it -- I don't have the approach lights on anymore so theoretically the truck should be "off" until I actually start it. Interestingly, when I started the truck and started driving down the road I realized my lights were on... in the middle of the day. Looking down at the light control cluster, none of the lights were illuminated so I'm guessing that what happened was a bug/glitch in the software of the light module and it fail-safe went into "lights on". I'm guessing the various modules were not in contact fast enough, and the cluster assumed the lights were on which is why it was chiming at me with the door open (it doesn't normally) to say "reminder: lights on" or whatever.

I'll watch it and see if it occurs again. I think it might happen if you leave your lights on and open the door etc.

bbrowd

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Do y'all still have this issue or have a fix for it? I've tried the lights and they don't seem to be the issue. But it's really annoying because it's the same tone for the parking sensors.
Sponsored