Annoying Chime When Door Opened

David1234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
When I went out to my truck this morning, unlocked and opened the door (like usual), but I noticed that the annoying "Ford chime" started when I opened the door. It continued until I got in, closed the door, and pushed the start button. It's never done that before, so I'm wondering if there was an OTA update that changed a setting? Is there any way to turn the chime off?
TIA to anyone who can shed some light on this and point me in the right direction to turn it off.
Sponsored

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
Mine has done that occasionally. I notice the headlight switch from ”automatic” to “on” on their own. Now when I hear the chime I look down and switch the headlights back to automatic. Check you lights and see if that’s your issue too. i don’t see any way I brush that switch entering or exiting. My knee never touches it either, so not sure why or how this is happening but it has occurred 3 or 4 times.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Headlight switch, mine switches on its own sometimes. Ford is supposed to be redesigning the switch. Have not heard any updates on this in sometime. So I'm not sure where if the new switch is coming soon or not.

SSM 51244 2021-2022 F-150 - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533 Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in January 2023, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.

OP
OP

David1234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Mine has done that occasionally. I notice the headlight switch from ”automatic” to “on” on their own. Now when I hear the chime I look down and switch the headlights back to automatic. Check you lights and see if that’s your issue too. i don’t see any way I brush that switch entering or exiting. My knee never touches it either, so not sure why or how this is happening but it has occurred 3 or 4 times.
Sure enough, that was exactly what was going on!
I never touch that switch and always just keep it on automatic, so who knows how it all of a sudden got changed to "on" instead of "automatic".
Thanks for the quick reply!
Hopefully this isn't an ongoing issue, as it would be really annoying to have to change the switch every time I enter the truck...
Sponsored