First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Don't take many long trips with our '21 Powerboost, but Friday we went on a trip to the next state and used Adaptive Cruise, and this icon showed up in the dash. We also have a '22 Mach E with Bluecruise, and this looks very much like those icons. Steering wheel icon, picture of truck with circle around it, and what looks like radar rays out front. Did we get Bluecroise and not know it?
Ford F-150 Don't have Bluecruise -- or do we? IMG_0092
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It'll look like this if you have Bluecruise and the road you are on supports it (your tachometer will disappear completely)

Ford F-150 Don't have Bluecruise -- or do we? 20230331_094110

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
It'll look like this if you have Bluecruise and the road you are on supports it (your tachometer will disappear completely)

20230331_094110.jpg
Yep, the road we were on was not a Bluecruise road, so we weren't sure. Thanks.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
now I want Bluecruise... didnt care before. but after driving I-40 all the way west it would have been nice. I used my poor mans version with the lane centering and adaptive cruise. I just had to wiggle the wheel every minute or so. but I could see the fun of letting the truck do the work.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
now I want Bluecruise... didnt care before. but after driving I-40 all the way west it would have been nice. I used my poor mans version with the lane centering and adaptive cruise. I just had to wiggle the wheel every minute or so. but I could see the fun of letting the truck do the work.
I've had 2 Powerboost, 1 year each, 1 with Bluecruise and 1 without.

I would NOT miss Bluecruise as long as I could also get rid of the infrared iris monitoring.
I have found that even in Bluecruise, I'm not REALLY going to clap my hands to Queen on the stereo, but rather keep soft hands on the wheel exactly as I do with the non Bluecruise roads.

The only caveat is that my Bluecruise equipped truck has better Lane Centering manners than my non Bluecruise truck did. But that could just be because of newer software which the previous truck would have gotten anyways?

However, after saying all that, when Bluecruise kicks in, the whole truck is like eye-candy from the pilots chair.

Ford F-150 Don't have Bluecruise -- or do we? 20230404_062716

Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
aahhh.. thanks for the honest opinion. I forgot about the iris monitoring. and like you, I am still a participant in the driving. I don't think I could just sit even with hands in my lap for long without at least having a hand on or near the wheel "just in case"
I am not disappointed with the lane centering on my 23. at first I fought it thinking it was staying too close to the right. but its not. and it doesn't bounce back and forth in the lane. its pretty steady if the roads are clear, lines are fresh etc.

and no way I am hands free in three lanes with trucks right and left! but thats just me. But places like I-40 out west I think my dog could safely keep the truck on the road if he would only stop sticking his head out the window.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
aahhh.. thanks for the honest opinion. I forgot about the iris monitoring. and like you, I am still a participant in the driving. I don't think I could just sit even with hands in my lap for long without at least having a hand on or near the wheel "just in case"
I am not disappointed with the lane centering on my 23. at first I fought it thinking it was staying too close to the right. but its not. and it doesn't bounce back and forth in the lane. its pretty steady if the roads are clear, lines are fresh etc.

and no way I am hands free in three lanes with trucks right and left! but thats just me. But places like I-40 out west I think my dog could safely keep the truck on the road if he would only stop sticking his head out the window.
I know what you mean by how you "fought" against the copilot when you first experienced the phenomenon. :)

(I now call the Copilot Alexa, because she's in the truck with me anyways and has become my Navigator as I discovered how well she manages Sync4 for me)

But I too learned how to extend a little trust to Alexa, and it turns out she is just feeeeling for the boundaries her way, and once she has them down, she's a good lane keeper.

Rumors are that Bluecruise 1.2 is coming to our trucks and the early feedback is that Lane Centering is so improved that it might just be the best in the business. I'm one who believes that the Lane Centering portion of the Bluecruise code will apply to the non Bluecruise trucks as well.

nkyhunter

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 bronco wildtrak, 2022 f150 tremor
Occupation
retired
does it change lanes or just drive straight when you have destination set?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Bluecruise is not being influenced by navigational data or routing.

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
It doesn’t change lanes for you. As of now, when you put your blinker on, it disengages the bluecruise and you must take control. Then once you are in the next lane, it will re-engage bluecruise.

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
gotta get a small weight to hang off one side of the wheel. like a 5lb wrist weight. i made a little weight I hang out of 2 cheap impact sockets and a fabric covered hanger. works perfectly. I driven many long trips without ever touching the wheel other than lane changes.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
BC 1.2 has lane change support, hit the blinker and the truck will switch lanes.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
On my 22 PB, I see a distinct difference between full BC and ACC... the truck is a lot surer in braking, keeping to the lane, particularly when the highway curves and coming to a full stop when the traffic ahead comes to a stop..

In ACC, it does all these things but just not as gracefully.. More hesitation.. I know.. Logically this doesn't make sense but I have observed it multiple times..

When BC is engaged, I am comfortable taking my hands off completely. I do grab the wheel when I am passing 18 wheelers..

I use BC every single day as I am on highways for my commute.. It takes the stress off driving as I don't have to be as attentive..

Also, right now, I have broken my right foot and I am driving with my left foot on both the gas and brake pedal with my right foot out of the way.. The footwell is big enough for me to get my right foot (in a brace) out of the way and have space for my left foot to operate..
But on highways, ACC and BC have been a huge help!

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
When evaluating ordering BC, over 360 assist 2.0, I decided against. I didn't like the infrared sensors and I couldn't come up with a single idea of what I'd do with my hands, if they weren't on the wheel.

I expect to like all the assist goodies but BC as an interim step to fully autonomous ... I just didn't see the utility.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
It doesn’t change lanes for you. As of now, when you put your blinker on, it disengages the bluecruise and you must take control. Then once you are in the next lane, it will re-engage bluecruise.
The blinker no longer deactivates BC; only the action of the steering wheel itself. Not sure what power-Up caused this, but I'm currently on 4.2.3
Sponsored