Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
OK. Just wanted to know because on the Tremor forum, where this is discussed, they seemed very adamant about disconnecting the battery and pulling all the airbag fuses. Not quite the same as in here but I had to ask. I tend to be rather cautious.

https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...-multi-contour-seats-mcs-to-your-truck.15370/
I drove the truck around on one knee w/ no seats. Yeah a bunch of modules will get mad if things are missing and you start it up w/ SRS light because seat belts / airbags / OCSM is missing. The whole kill the 12v system is just made up. There's no magic wireless connection to the seat with its own redundant power. Simply unplug the seat and it's dead, the end.
Sponsored

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L EB Platinum w/BAP
Occupation
Info Tech
There's no magic wireless connection to the seat with its own redundant power. Simply unplug the seat and it's dead, the end.
That was my thinking as well but I'm new to Ford, just spent a buttload on this new truck. I'm inclined to double-check things and make sure I'm not spending a buttload more to fix something I screwed up. LOL :LOL:

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I'm getting everything ready to work on this project, to add MCS to my '23 Platinum.

Did any of you disconnect the battery to perform this project?
I did not. Nor have about 3 others I've helped through this project, you can if you want, but not necessary.
All associated "electrical" are dead unless the key is on. You cannot run any seat motors, stereo or massaging seats, without the key and it being on, so really not necessary at all.
Auto running boards can engage, but just keep your key in the house and you'll be fine.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
This just arrived and I was wondering if this is a screw-up on Ford's side or what.
I don't trust the vendor, as 2 other items were clearly used parts, with damage so I don't know who to trust right now.
I ordered DG9Z-14A701-BAM
I received what LOOKS correct but is part # DG9T-14A701-BE3JA6

I see no other part numbers on the piece itself.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 1713718610608-f7

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This just arrived and I was wondering if this is a screw-up on Ford's side or what.
I don't trust the vendor, as 2 other items were clearly used parts, with damage so I don't know who to trust right now.

1713718610608-f7.png
Looks like it may work....

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 1713719348357-tr

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

If it arrived in an unadulterated box complete with the paper glue tape intact, it's the right part as that's the factory packaging. If it arrived with the paper tape cut and replaced with any other tape it's safe to bet it's been opened at the very least. Does it have the MCS controls in the lumbar? If yes, that's your part. The part number on the unit itself doesn't always match the label. Even the dates on the label will be different because the date it's made isn't always the date it's boxed. There's any number of QC processes that could be done. I just received modules whose pack date was a month after the manufacture date.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
Looks like it may work....

1713719348357-tr.png
Yes, you're referencing the part that I wanted. I do not see any cross-reference to the part they actually shipped me. I'm more concerned that it might be for a F-250 or something where maybe the pinout is slightly different or who know what.

All the other items that were factory sealed matched with what the outside of the box said. I'm inclined to send it back, along with 2 other items in my order that arrived CLEARLY used and damaged. I think they received them back and didn't even bother to look inside, to see what some customer shipped back to them. Ridiculous.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow, that's shady sending used / damaged parts when you ordered new. Someone clearly defrauded them if those are returned parts.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes, you're referencing the part that I wanted. I do not see any cross-reference to the part they actually shipped me. I'm more concerned that it might be for a F-250 or something where maybe the pinout is slightly different or who know what.

All the other items that were factory sealed matched with what the outside of the box said. I'm inclined to send it back, along with 2 other items in my order that arrived CLEARLY used and damaged. I think they received them back and didn't even bother to look inside, to see what some customer shipped back to them. Ridiculous.
Ahhhh I didnt see the fine print on the actual part... Sorry....

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 1713724841447-p9

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
Finally got the MCS installed on my Platinum.

I did have a question:
When I hit the seat on the button, the options pop up on the screen and everything works. What I wanted to know is if there's an option in FORScan so that after a certain number of seconds of inactivity, the screen could go back to the previous screen.

The reason I ask is because our Lincoln has the MCS and after about 6 seconds of inactivity, it goes back to the NAV screen or whatever the previous screen was. On my F-150, it just stays there for good. I have to manually go back to Android Auto or Audio. Just an annoyance.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 1715106170706-9w

Sponsored

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
I've never seen a setting in Forscan for that, but doesn't the back button on that screen take you right back to your previous screen? I have not completed this project, or I would test it for you.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
I've never seen a setting in Forscan for that, but doesn't the back button on that screen take you right back to your previous screen? I have not completed this project, or I would test it for you.
It might but it would be nice if it behaved like the Lincoln, and just switched back on its own.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
It might but it would be nice if it behaved like the Lincoln, and just switched back on its own.
I think my previous 2019 F150 Limited and my wife's 21 Expedition change after a period of time as well, but I really do not find it that cumbersome to tap the back button. Plus, if it were 6 seconds, someone would want 10 seconds and someone else would complain that it was not 30 seconds and then another person would want 4 minutes, etc.. No matter how you do it, there will be someone who wants it to be different. In the end, I would say that the manual method seems to make the most sense. Then everyone can go back exactly when they want to, or when the wife wants to. :ROFLMAO:

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Finally got the MCS installed on my Platinum.

I did have a question:
When I hit the seat on the button, the options pop up on the screen and everything works. What I wanted to know is if there's an option in FORScan so that after a certain number of seconds of inactivity, the screen could go back to the previous screen.
Nice work!

That would make sense that there might be a single field to hold the number of seconds to return. This was one of my first thoughts after adding MCS. I never even noticed the "back" button and usually just push the media or AA button.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
Nice work!

That would make sense that there might be a single field to hold the number of seconds to return. This was one of my first thoughts after adding MCS. I never even noticed the "back" button and usually just push the media or AA button.
I too am assuming there's probably a location in FORScan where it could be changed and we just don't know it. Yet
Sponsored