Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Have ordered a 22 Platinum window sticker says those seats have been removed. Thats the whole reason why I ordered the Platinum to get those seats. Truck is scheduled to be built on May 25th.
Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Im sure they can be fitted on your dime and Im sure that will be some $$$$$$$$

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
With fuel prices, it’s possible that dealer stock of new/used trucks will calm down. Though I doubt that will be the case with the highest trim level trucks. So you’re probably not likely going to be finding one anytime soon. Especially if they have the deleted features everyone wants.

If you still need a truck and that was your main reason why you selected the Platinum, you might be better off ordering a Lariat, saving some cash and waiting for 2023/24 to order again and hope you can order again with the desired features.

I don’t know what Platinums are going for but when shit was really crazy they were going for significantly more used or with a big ADM from the dealer for new.

Even windshield wiper motors are hard to get now for the F150, so those seats may not be available anywhere else but the junkyards and if you are thinking about retrofitting the seats, there’s some guy with an XL probably thinking the same thing with more time to snag them first.

Good luck!

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Have ordered a 22 Platinum window sticker says those seats have been removed. Thats the whole reason why I ordered the Platinum to get those seats. Truck is scheduled to be built on May 25th.
At this point, Ford just needs to shut down truck production indefinitely with all the deletes they are doing. They are just giving themselves a bad name and people are getting half baked trucks.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...Ford just needs to shut down truck production indefinitely ...people are getting half baked trucks.
Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date F73EEF7F-4524-47C7-A385-B1C261AE67BE

Ford and everyone else painted themselves into a corner with the chip production problem that we can’t talk about because politics. They didn’t help themselves by completely eliminating basic trucks, despite many fleet operators wanting as little tech as possible. All the manufacturers would have liked to simply only sell crew cab shortbeds with only a few options if they could get away with it. Now they need to deal with it.

$$$$$$$$? According to Ford it should only cost $300! Lol
$300 plus $62,070 :p

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date A8F4785D-D154-42DB-BB40-DEADC4AE6BC3

Ford likes to play shell games with their trim packages, it results in poorly optioned out XLs sitting on dealer’s lots with a higher MSRP than better optioned XLTs, which to add insult to injury, generally have better manufacturer incentives. I am bitter about it, because my truck would have been cheaper as a Lariat in addition to having LED headlights but XLT is as high as they go with the regular cab and I couldn’t get LED headlights at any price. Shipping any highway vehicle with Halogen Edison bulbs is as much of an anachronism today as if they were shipping them with carburetors!

CJ912

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2017 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Warehouse consultant
It’s insulting that they only give you $300. I’d gladly sell you the massaging seats that came in mine, if it were only that easy. I’d love to get the several thousand dollars back that those are supposedly worth!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
The $300 credit is a farce. You know it will cost a lot more then that to add the feature to the truck.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I also ordered a Platinum partly for the seats. Hopefully they are just removing the air bladders. I haven’t hear anything from Ford on what “remove” means yet.

Sponsored

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
With fuel prices, it’s possible that dealer stock of new/used trucks will calm down. Though I doubt that will be the case with the highest trim level trucks. So you’re probably not likely going to be finding one anytime soon. Especially if they have the deleted features everyone wants.

If you still need a truck and that was your main reason why you selected the Platinum, you might be better off ordering a Lariat, saving some cash and waiting for 2023/24 to order again and hope you can order again with the desired features.

I don’t know what Platinums are going for but when shit was really crazy they were going for significantly more used or with a big ADM from the dealer for new.

Even windshield wiper motors are hard to get now for the F150, so those seats may not be available anywhere else but the junkyards and if you are thinking about retrofitting the seats, there’s some guy with an XL probably thinking the same thing with more time to snag them first.

Good luck!
$8K over sticker in my area.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I also ordered a Platinum partly for the seats. Hopefully they are just removing the air bladders. I haven’t hear anything from Ford on what “remove” means yet.
They're replacing the air bladders with foam.

I know $300 seems "outrageous", but that is probably the cost of materials. 🤷‍♂️

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Well, maybe at some point we can pull the foam out and install the bladders. Surely all the software will still be there.