Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
So I’ve scoured this thread and the forums a few times and cannot find the video of the ford mechanic taking the drivers seat apart on a 350 to replace the motor for the massage seats. The reason I ask is my 2022 platinum that came with the massaging seats had the driver side quit at you guessed it 37,000 miles. So I researched and found that video and this thread and thought it would be easy to do so went ahead and ordered a replacement motor (fuse was good). If anyone has that link to the video to share that would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
So I’ve scoured this thread and the forums a few times and cannot find the video of the ford mechanic taking the drivers seat apart on a 350 to replace the motor for the massage seats. The reason I ask is my 2022 platinum that came with the massaging seats had the driver side quit at you guessed it 37,000 miles. So I researched and found that video and this thread and thought it would be easy to do so went ahead and ordered a replacement motor (fuse was good). If anyone has that link to the video to share that would be greatly appreciated!
If I remember right, the bottom pump is a separate part. It is also on the bottom of the seat, so there should be very little to take apart to change the pump.

Is it the back or bottom that stopped working?

Have you listened to see if the pump is running, just not inflating?

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Nothing happens when I turn it on, and the display comes with just lumbar options no way to turn massage on. We did drop it at the dealer for analysis and they came back with this attached.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date IMG_2742

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Nothing happens when I turn it on, and the display comes with just lumbar options no way to turn massage on. We did drop it at the dealer for analysis and they came back with this attached.

IMG_2742.png
Very easy to replace with the seat out, with the seat in you may have to look w/ your hands. Shouldn't be difficult either way. With the replacement pump in-hand it's much easier to have an understanding for what you're looking for.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Is it possible to just do the drivers side?
I would think so.
After all drivers parts are installed, just enable the driver's seat on Forscan and don't do the passenger

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L EB Platinum w/BAP
Occupation
Info Tech
Finally ordered the remaining parts that I need to start this little project. Now I wait for them.

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
I've asked this question before, but maybe just not in the right place. Has anyone installed 13th gen (15-20) heated/ cooled/ massage seats in a 21+ and gotten them to work? I just came across a "like new" set for the same price as it would cost to buy the parts to make the massage work in my driver's seat. They also match my interior better.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
I've asked this question before, but maybe just not in the right place. Has anyone installed 13th gen (15-20) heated/ cooled/ massage seats in a 21+ and gotten them to work? I just came across a "like new" set for the same price as it would cost to buy the parts to make the massage work in my driver's seat. They also match my interior better.
You could try it but they made huge changes in the module setup on the seats between 13 and 14. For 13th gen the dsm only dealt with seat memory and the heated and cooled seats are controlled by the psm where for 14 gen it’s all controlled by the dsm now including adding power running boards if your truck has those. It wasn’t that hard when I put 16 platinum seats in my 17 xlt but I wouldn’t go cross gen for that stuff With all of the changes.

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
You could try it but they made huge changes in the module setup on the seats between 13 and 14. For 13th gen the dsm only dealt with seat memory and the heated and cooled seats are controlled by the psm where for 14 gen it’s all controlled by the dsm now including adding power running boards if your truck has those. It wasn’t that hard when I put 16 platinum seats in my 17 xlt but I wouldn’t go cross gen for that stuff With all of the changes.
I did add power running boards. I was wondering if I could use my DSM with the 13th gen seats.

Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
I did add power running boards. I was wondering if I could use my DSM with the 13th gen seats.
maybe. The seat motors are the same and the blowers are the same and the mul contour module is the same but ford changed how they did the heated part in I think 18 or 19 to run the heating pad again. Your best option would be to get the 14th gen harness as well for it if you do it. As the dsm plugs are different between gens

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
I will have to check my helm books when I get home to compare 13 and 14 gen wiring to verify what also is different

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You could probably use the seats. if they mount.. The issue may be the wiring may be different between 13 and 14 gen.

THe motors themselves are all the same and use a hall effect sensor for the memory.

The harness for the seat just may be different along with the MCS system will NOT work. I know that for sure.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
You could probably use the seats. if they mount.. The issue may be the wiring may be different between 13 and 14 gen.

THe motors themselves are all the same and use a hall effect sensor for the memory.

The harness for the seat just may be different along with the MCS system will NOT work. I know that for sure.
Not even when setting classic multi contour on sync? Cause I’m about to wire in mc on my fusion with sync 4 and was going to use that to control it.
Sponsored